Subject: 2nd edition changes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow I completely missed all the stuff about the upgrade pack. Is there a complete list of changes between the 1st and 2nd edition cards/rules/adventuring guide somewhere? I saw the encounter errata on the CTG website, but it sounds like there were other changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few things I can think of and probably not an exhaustive list:

- A cleaned up rule book including a few of the more common FAQ
- Replacements for the errata'd encounters
- Replacements for 5 other encounters to better clarify them
- A cover card to be placed over the encounter deck to better help obscure what's coming next
- Replaced stickers on some baddie chips for clarification such as "Lashback 1" replacing "Lashback"

After work tonight I can list out the 7 replaced encounters and what's changed if you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boss Beau Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the character sheets were changed to make them more useful as far as using it for reference at the cost of being bit less thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
I believe the character sheets were changed to make them more useful as far as using it for reference at the cost of being bit less thematic.

And should be noted... all the corrected stuff can be downloaded and printed. I bought a 1st edition copy and made the printout cards before my upgrade kit arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:

Yep, that's a huge one I forgot. The Gearloc reference sheets were changed to include a chart with each die face to make it easier to see a Gearloc's abilities at a glance. I think these are available as PDFs on CTG's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I guess I can live with that. It would be nice to be able to get replacement cards for errata, but if everything else is just clarifications, I guess I'm not too sad. (Though it would be nice to be able to get the high-quality replacement reference sheets.) I wonder whether they'll be able to make more of these available after the second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.