mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1st edition and I'll be receiving the upgraded rulebook and scenario book from the 2nd campaign.

I have read Isaac's post indicating all the changes (and noting that there are 4 types of changes).

Is there any good way to know which change is which type? I'd like to only apply the typos and clarifications.

It seems like most of the Quality of Life changes related to the character cards were making them worse.

But the real question:
If I use the new scenario book and don't make any changes to the cards, will I be making the game easier than it originally was?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
Real answer: A little, yes.

Now for some self-serving rambling:

I use the updated scenario book pdf (with the clickable hidden areas), so I think it balances out for me, personally. Any reduction in difficulty is offset by the fact I no longer know where everything is positioned in rooms I haven't been to.

I'll be honest, I haven't gone out of my way to use all of the 2e adjustments and changes. I use the 2e rulebook & scenario book pdfs, the adjusted life goals (cause I am impatient to unlock new characters), and I do a quick search of the Official Second Printing Change Log and Official FAQ before I start each scenario. I also took a suggestion from the designer on house ruling a couple of things back when I was only solo-ing with 2 characters.

In my mind, I am playing the 1.5c edition. (c for Corey). Part of the fun I've had with the game is adjusting things and finding the balance I desire through trial and error. I played on easy for awhile because I didn't want to keep repeating scenarios early on. Then I added a 3rd character at a BGG user's suggestion. Then I got better and switched to normal and removed a couple of house rules. At this point, 30 plays in and MAYBE 1/4 of the way through the entire story, I've found a crazy trio that I'm not sure how to play, so the difficulty is way up again for me. ETC...

The whole process of going through this game is just an amazing experience, IMO.

FYI - Here is my personal list of time-saving tips for storage, setup, and upkeep: https://www.facebook.com/groups/373567573026473/permalink/40...
The pdfs I mentioned above can be found under Files, but let me know if you need help identifying which are which.

ALSO, YOUR AVATAR IS AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, as updated skill cards weren't provided to backers in any form (by purchase or otherwise), I'll just use them as is, which is something Isaac said is totally fine. I'll be implementing the new scenario book and rules when received (although already using all new rulebook changes I believe), and we have already adopted changes to the prosperity and Life Goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narsir Veenaur
France
Draveil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:

FYI - Here is my personal list of time-saving tips for storage, setup, and upkeep: https://www.facebook.com/groups/373567573026473/permalink/40...

I’m still waiting for my second edition box, but I asked to joint your Group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.