Hide
23 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Walmart] Legendary Encounters - Alien Deck Building $32.29 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
msg tools
Just ordered this from Walmart.com. Shipping was free.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Legendary-Encounters-An-Alien-Dec...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Had to snag me one of those. Thanks.

Edit: Worst case would be that I'm out $33 until Walmart or Paypal make it right. I can live with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. This is cheaper than the MM Daily Deal yesterday. But who is the seller on this one? Is it WalMart themselves? There doesn't seem to be any info on them. Is this seller legitimate?

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game. I like this one much better than Marvel. Better theme and mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says "Sold & shipped by internet business", so I hope this is legit for you all. Walmart probably will cover you though if you have issues within 30days of shipment (though I haven't dealt with them yet in that regard).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couch wrote:
It says "Sold & shipped by internet business", so I hope this is legit for you all. Walmart probably will cover you though if you have issues within 30days of shipment (though I haven't dealt with them yet in that regard).

Yeah, looks really sketchy to me. They are using a non-standard image of the box (as far as I can tell), the phone number listed doesn't seem to be real, and the text in some of the links is weird. For example, under Customer Service, it says:

We love to connect customers to diverse, high-quality items and to superlative, world-class service at great prices!

I think I'll stick to MM.

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cozzolino
United States
Lebanon
Virginia
flag msg tools
ColintheFlea wrote:
Couch wrote:

Yeah, looks really sketchy to me. They are using a non-standard image of the box (as far as I can tell), the phone number listed doesn't seem to be real, and the text in some of the links is weird. For example, under Customer Service, it says:

We love to connect customers to diverse, high-quality items and to superlative, world-class service at great prices!

I think I'll stick to MM.

Colin

Same seller has the Predator version up for 13.50. I'm thinking this is a scam.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Legendary-Encounters-A-Predator-D...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
And Legendary Encounter Firefly for $26.61. No reviews, super low prices, its seems the scammers are now on the Walmart.com marketplace. They really are competing with Amazon cool

Edit 2: Just in case people are hoping Walmart will have their back, the item is neither shipped nor sold by them and Internet Business has the following return policy

"30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee - we accept customer returns up to 30 days from the order date. We only accept returns on unopened items. Buyer pays return shipping. Please contact us in advance for a Return Merchandise Authorization number. Your initial payment must clear. Refund will be issued by the original method of payment; original shipping and handling"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The link in the OP says 62.99....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ihwarrior wrote:
The link in the OP says 62.99....

I think all deal copies sold yesterday. I'll be curious if any get delivered.

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
msg tools
I just received notice from Walmart that my order shipped and I have a tracking number indicating my package should arrive on Monday.

I was getting concerned but this seems promising

Correction: It stated my item should arrive by Monday, October 9th. UPS is stating it will be here on Tuesday, October 3rd. Still good news
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I messaged the seller the other day through Walmart asking about when it would ship (predator). I got a message back saying they'd look into it and then a little bit later got a shipping notice.

Today it says it's out for delivery - in another state -hrm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coletta
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JAGame wrote:
I just received notice from Walmart that my order shipped and I have a tracking number indicating my package should arrive on Monday.

I was getting concerned but this seems promising

Correction: It stated my item should arrive by Monday, October 9th. UPS is stating it will be here on Tuesday, October 3rd. Still good news

Is your package going to the right place as far as you can tell? I also received a shipping notification and a tracking number but the tracking number is for a package that is going to Arizona. I'm in Massachusetts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
msg tools
OMG, I didn't even see the destination for the package. It's weird that the full address isn't shown. It just says it's going to Phoenix, AZ

I guess I need to contact Walmart support now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coletta
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news My package is also going to Phoenix. As far as I know, UPS doesn't usually list the full address of the destination, I'm not sure though.

I contacted the seller looking for an explanation but I don't really expect a response, we'll see come Monday. I paid with Paypal and they've covered me in the past so hopefully getting a refund isn't a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the same tracking numbers? I wouldn't put it past a bad seller to just give out the same one to multiple people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coletta
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Barlow wrote:
Do you have the same tracking numbers? I wouldn't put it past a bad seller to just give out the same one to multiple people.

Good Point. Anyone else that ordered from this seller, are the last six digits of your tracking number 599253 and your weight 5.70 Pounds?

Here is my tracking history so far:

Addison, IL, United States 09/29/2017 1:00 A.M. Departure Scan

Addison, IL, United States 09/28/2017 7:33 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 09/28/2017 6:26 P.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Having the same tracking history doesn't really prove anything I know, but if the last six, weight, and tracking history above all match someone else then it is obvious what is going on and I will file a claim with Paypal immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
msg tools
My tracking number also ends in 99253. However, I contacted Walmart support and they state they show the tracking information with the destination in GA and asked that I wait until the expected delivery date (tomorrow) before leaping to any conclusions. So I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just wait. One other odd note that really makes me believe this is all a scam is that my credit card was never charged. Funds were held for a couple of days for the pre-auth but I was never actually charged. Why Walmart support doesn't see that, I'm not sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, mine says delivered - but that's the package going to South Carolina - I'm in Alabama. I guess I'll see when I get home. If nothing's there then I'll wait a few days and report it I guess.

*Edit - no package yet at my house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the continual updates, guys. I almost pulled the trigger on the Legendary Firefly from the same seller (I already own it, but wanted to get it as a gift since the price was great) but it just felt super sketchy. I've been keeping an eye on all of your progress just to see if that seller is legit. In all my various orders for you-name-it, I've never heard of the same tracking numbers being used and I've never encountered an "out for delivery notice" in a different state than mine.

To those of you who have been updating, please continue to do so! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coletta
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another update, I contacted the seller through Walmart and got the following 2 e-mails back:

"Hello,
The items were out of stock and the order was canceled. You should have received an e-mail about this matter. You have already received a refund as you can check in your Walmart account and payment method.

I'm sorry for the problems.

Regards,
Nelson M."

"CORRECTION: You will receive you refund in the next 72 hrs or less

Your money will be returned to the payment method used to place the order. If the order was paid via credit or debit card, it may take several business days for the refund to be reflected on your card account. Please check with the issuing bank to confirm it has been posted. If this order was paid with a gift card, the funds should be available in your account."

I knew it was too good to be true but it was worth a shot. Sometimes these people honor their price mistake because they don't want negative feedback. I'll give them the 72 hours (until Thursday) for the refund before I file a PayPal claim.

Good luck to anyone else that ordered. I hope at least one of you lives in Arizona and is getting that package I got the tracking number for haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mwcoletta wrote:
Another update, I contacted the seller through Walmart and got the following 2 e-mails back:

Yeah, that doesn't sound good - especially if you actually got a tracking number to begin with that was bogus.

Edit: So, probably the end of my story; contacted the seller through Walmart and said "what's up?". Less than 1 min later I got a message with a refund - reason?: "Customer changed mind/didn't want". Ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
msg tools
The package didn't arrive yesterday but did get delivered to a different state. Contacted Walmart one more time and they told me to contact the seller. It's pretty clear that Walmart has no intention of supporting this. They just want to offer a place for scammers to set up shop. So it's similar to the Amazon issue but Walmart won't take any action to help out where Amazon did.

I just allowed my Amazon Prime account to expire and was planning on using Walmart.com as an alternative but that's not looking like a viable option now

Another update:
Walmart just issued a refund after reading my hateful reply that accused them of supporting scammers by ignoring our requests. Apparently, they just aren't ready to be a marketplace for others to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.