Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, gang!

I've been working on the The Dice Tower Video Reviews Subscription Geeklist: 2017 Edition for about a year and a half ago.

Several months ago I decided to be a smarter cookie and start using some scripts to help out with the work. I have a python script that fetches the latest videos from The Dice Tower's feed and formats them for me to populate the geeklist.

However, there are some extra steps that are not automated some of which are quite tedious and time consuming.

I've been looking into the XMPAPI, I noticed that I could use https://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi2/geeklist/219254?commen... to fetch the information collected in the geeklist. But there are some things still missing for me.

Is there any way that I can post the items automatically or even edit the header of the geeklist? I understand the anti-spam concerns, but my question is if there is a way to do it at all and if I might become privy to it.

Also, is there any way to just select the last several items from the list without having to parse the whole thing? As you can see it's a pretty large list.

When I change the header manually it automatically moves me to the edit items page when I click "Save & Continue To Step 2". That page now has 796 embedded youtube videos on it, it freezes my browser at this point, is there any way to just jump over that extraneous step?

Thank you very much for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting a new item could be done with Selenium (seleniumhq.org). It's not ideal, but I think you can't do it through the BGG XML API.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.