Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this information is hidden somewhere, but I must have just rolled a Critical Miss...I spent the last hour trying to find out when Gloomhaven might be available for a decent price again.

From my research, it seems that I missed a second printing that happened through Kickstarter. Is there a plan to start having this game in stock, maybe once the kickstarter backers get their copies? Or maybe a third kickstarter?

Any help (or links to where the info is) would be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
The game is currently being shipped from China to distributors for backers of the 2nd Kickstarter. The timetable is currently early Nov for backers, hopefully we will have more information in a couple days with Issac's update. I haven't heard anything firm but retail should be available sometime in the near future after that. December possibly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest update on Kickstarter had a November delivery if nothing else crops up.

Did not see anything about general distribution although there was a retailer pledge level - from the FAQ on the Kickstarter:

Quote:
Are there retailer pledge levels?
Yes, sort of, but you will have to go through your distributor. We are currently working hard with distributors to determine the demand at the retail level. If you would like to pre-order copies of the game, you can order from you distributor right now and have them contact Impressions (http://www.impressionsadv.net/). You will get the exact same product that I am offering here through your distributor and they can get it to you for a cheaper price because of their shipping infrastructure and lack of Kickstarter fees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in contact with a few retail distributors around here; they are getting the same shipping info as ks backers, but probably will be served last. Early November for retail preorders and early December for general availability seem accurate estimates right now, with what we know.

Besides, it's only fair that backers get their copies a bit earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
I am in contact with a few retail distributors around here; they are getting the same shipping info as ks backers, but probably will be served last. Early November for retail preorders and early December for general availability seem accurate estimates right now, with what we know.

I totally agree that backers should get theirs first, so thank you to everyone for the information.

As an outsider, late to the Gloomhaven craze, it seems like this game has a lot of interest and acclaim. Is there a reason it isn't being produced like normal board games and kept in stock with larger print runs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
t3clis wrote:

I totally agree that backers should get theirs first, so thank you to everyone for the information.

As an outsider, late to the Gloomhaven craze, it seems like this game has a lot of interest and acclaim. Is there a reason it isn't being produced like normal board games and kept in stock with larger print runs?

Have you seen this game? It's huge (literally). As such, it's not a good candidate for retail. It broke through, but that was hardly guaranteed. And even on the second go around, sizing the print run is tricky. If they overproduce, it could cost enormous warehousing fees, for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen the game and I wondered if the size factored in to it. But surely waves Kickstarter printings isn't going to be the life of this game! I would imagine that the eventual goal of any game is to be popular enough that you have periodic print runs to keep it in stock so that your fan base can grow.

With Kickstarter being the only avenue for copies right now, the entry point seems very narrow (both in time frame and location).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
t3clis wrote:

It is a large and expensive to produce/ship/purchase game and Cephalofair Games is a very small company. I think there are a fairly large number of copies from the 2nd Kickstarter that are going through retail channels and I believe the designer has said any further reprints will be done though normal retail distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disco Lando
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
My advice would be to find a store that's taking pre-orders and place an order quickly, those stores will have bought copies from this print run but probably won't be getting a lot of stock (since it's frickin' huge). If you miss out on this print run it's probably going to be a fairly long wait for more to be printed and shipped unless you're willing to shell out a lot of money for an overpriced copy off Ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
skevoid wrote:
My advice would be to find a store that's taking pre-orders and place an order quickly, those stores will have bought copies from this print run but probably won't be getting a lot of stock (since it's frickin' huge). If you miss out on this print run it's probably going to be a fairly long wait for more to be printed and shipped unless you're willing to shell out a lot of money for an overpriced copy off Ebay.

Solid advice, and also check with the store that makes preorders that you are in their first batch of shipping, otherwise it's no deal.

On the first ks, a few stores ordered copies in advance and made preorders available, but the shipping of their copies was for a very limited number, so shipping waves from the second one were not completely fulfilled.

This time it seems that all precautions were taken, so it should not happen, but they say it's better to be safe than sorry.

(Again, this story is true for my two Italian distributors contacts, but it seems that stores worldwide lamented the same, both here and on Reddit, last ks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Isaac says on this thread

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1776872/availability-gloomh...

Quote:
There will be plenty of copies available in retail. I don't expect there will be any shortages on that front, as we communicated with distributors and are printing to match their demand, plus a significant amount above their demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.