Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Journey alonh Anduin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mak logan
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Hello guys. I play the journey along the Anduin quest which is really hard, but I am a newbie.
At 2B quest card do I add one encounter card in total during quest phase or do I add one encounter card per player?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You are instructed to reveal one additional card each quest phase, so it does not scale, making this effect harsher on solo players.
Whenever something scales off the number of players, the card will specify that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak logan
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much for the quick answer. I thought as much vut on the other hand, playing the game with 3 or 4 players would make the game a lot easier..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Coman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Two words to make it easier: Forest Snare
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
uuneter wrote:
Two words to make it easier: Forest Snare

I'll give you one more: Dunhere
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim burns
msg tools
mbmb
Keeper29 wrote:
uuneter wrote:
Two words to make it easier: Forest Snare

I'll give you one more: Dunhere


Yeah but you need to buff him up to get passed the Hill Troll's 3 defense and there aren't a whole lot of attack bonus cards in the core set. That is I'm assuming the OP only has a core set... But after getting The Hunt for Gollum, slap a few Dunedain Marks on him and he's a killing machine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
burns56 wrote:
Keeper29 wrote:
uuneter wrote:
Two words to make it easier: Forest Snare

I'll give you one more: Dunhere


Yeah but you need to buff him up to get passed the Hill Troll's 3 defense and there aren't a whole lot of attack bonus cards in the core set. That is I'm assuming the OP only has a core set... But after getting The Hunt for Gollum, slap a few Dunedain Marks on him and he's a killing machine.
Dunhere isn't for the troll (forest snare would not trap it in the staging area anyway) but rather for after the troll is down
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua K.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is kinda fun going back to this quest, which was very difficult with just the core set at the time, and crushing it with the current card pool.

I guess the Nightmare mode helps here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Howard
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roguefrog wrote:
It is kinda fun going back to this quest, which was very difficult with just the core set at the time, and crushing it with the current card pool

As someone with new cards in the mail, this makes me ridiculously happy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.