Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Fields of Arle: Tea & Trade» Forums » General

Subject: [Resolved]Yes, it is distributed by Zman [Not distributed by Mayfair] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Original question: Sweet dieities of distribution! Is this really going to be put out by Mayfair?

EDIT: as below, Mayfair will not carry this expansion. Currently suspected to be distributed by Zman but no confirmation yet.

EDIT: yes, ZMan will carry, presumably Jan 2018

https://www.zmangames.com/en/news/2017/10/17/announcing-the-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mayfair not Zman?
MagusDuNord wrote:
Sweet dieities of distribution! Is this really going to be put out by Mayfair?

Mayfair bought everything Agricola from Zman ... and Glass Road ... wouldn’t surprise me at all if they grabbed other Uwe titles too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MagusDuNord wrote:
Sweet dieities of distribution! Is this really going to be put out by Mayfair?

I aked Mayfair just that, wanting to know when to expect it, as it appears the German version is out soon but there has been no news ar all about the English version, but Mayfair said they weren't the publisher of Fields of Arle, so therefore not the publisher for its expansions. Mayfair is still listed on the BGG page though for some reason. I have asked Feuerland and ZMan but heard nothing.

I am at a loss, I really want this, it looks amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair own the US license to Lookout games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of Arle is Feuerland, not Lookout; Mayfair will not be distributing T&T.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Woh.

surprise

Who then!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

I went ahead and removed Mayfair as a publisher from the listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
AlexYeager wrote:

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Woh.

surprise

Who then!?

Yes, who? ... and when?

Around Nov 2016 ZMan were selling their reprint of Fields then in April 2017 Mayfair said they now had the rights and were planning a reprint, and now Mayfair don't have the rights any more? Have they gone back to ZMan and if so will we see copies of the expansion in the UK? I can't believe that what looks like a stunning expansion to an already beautiful game doesn't have a publisher when the German edition is ready to go. I am worried by the radio silence on this ... we need hope ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Feuerland who was publishing Tea and Trade in English, they told me to contact Z Man. So whilst Feuerland were not actually confirming that Z Man have plans to publish it, I am guessing they were implying that Z Man holds the rights.

It would be great to know what the timescale is on this, especially as the German printing is out soon.

If ZMan are to publish, it would be great if they could add in a reprint of the mistranslated litter storage tile, possibly even an English version of the German advent calendar expansion, but most importantly, to print lots of copies so that it makes it all the way to the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did someone contact Z-man on this matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Did someone contact Z-man on this matter?

yes, awaiting a reply ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K R X
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hard to imagine a new expansion for a top 50 ranked Uwe Rosenburg game not getting an English printing due to what seems to be mass confusion.

Hopefully we've just been mistakenly left in the dark and the English version is already being prepared.

Eagerly waiting to hear news either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
There's only mass confusion here on BGG. There's no reason to think that Zman will not publish the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
My shell is bigger than your apartment
badge
Speed is overrated
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
There's only mass confusion here on BGG. There's no reason to think that Zman will not publish the expansion.

THe fact that it has no be announced yet, is actually a pretty damn good reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
It is possible they would, for no apparent reason, decline to publish the expansion to a reasonably well-selling game from a very popular designer.

I find it a lot more likely that they continue their tradition of spotty communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
My shell is bigger than your apartment
badge
Speed is overrated
mbmbmbmbmb
While your thought is rational, the game would be in the essen list if it was true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Poole
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not all games are on the Essen list yet. I'm pretty sure not all of the games that were released at Essen last year made it on to the list by the time of the fair as Eric W. Martin, despite best efforts, couldn't get them all on before as I'm sure there was a lot of info to trawl through and at some point simple things like travelling to Essen and eating/sleeping probably got in the way. It's dependent on when publishers release the info as well (if at all) about their releases.

There aren't any games under the publisher Z-man on the Essen list yet.

However to add fuel to the fire, there is no mention on the Z-man Upcoming games page for it as it is neither 'On the Boat', 'At the Printer' or 'In development'.

I think it is also possible that Z-Man may choose not to produce an English version if they don't think it is viable and if they still hold the rights to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's true that ZMan doesn't think there's enough interest:

How feasible is the German version for use alongside the English original? How much translation would be required?
soblue
I really want this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishticuffs wrote:

How feasible is the German version for use alongside the English original? How much translation would be required?

You can get a sense of this from the rules here http://www.feuerland-spiele.de/dateien/Arler_Erde%20Erw_Rege... but lets hope it doesn't come to that. Despite the lack of any news at all about even the prospect of an English edition - the only thing we have is that we are talking abut Tea and Trade rather than Tee & Handel - I still can't believe something that looks so amazing won't make it into English. It would just be really nice to hear something official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Distributed by Zman? [Not distributed by Mayfair]
Still no news at all? This is unbelievable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked two weeks ago, then when I heard nothing tried again a few days ago, but no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Quichotte wrote:
Still no news at all? This is unbelievable.

Crazy indeed. Guess we'll have to wait until the fair starts to know for sure. This reminds me when Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game went out. We had no clue if it would be available or not. And they eventually had a bunch of copies available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishticuffs wrote:

soblue

I was ready and willing to buy the expansion in German (for once). I thought I might learn a few words of German. I'm pretty sure the game can be played in a foreign language. Then I recall I had no rulebook available.

blush

Understanding a few tiles is ok, but reading a whole rulebook is another story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paris

Monforte de Lemos
LUGO
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Fishticuffs wrote:

soblue

I was ready and willing to buy the expansion in German (for once). I thought I might learn a few words of German. I'm pretty sure the game can be played in a foreign language. Then I recall I had no rulebook available.

blush

I'm in the same boat. In fact my copy of Arler Erde is in German, I'm kind of learning German and because of 1. the biographical nature of the game and 2. the German-exclusive historical booklet I wanted to have this game in German.

Which is great for the expansion, I can just by the Feuerland expansion BUT I was heavily dependent on the Z-Man rules to help me learn the game! EEK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Poole
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patrocles wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
Fishticuffs wrote:

soblue

blush

I'm in the same boat. In fact my copy of Arler Erde is in German, I'm kind of learning German and because of 1. the biographical nature of the game and 2. the German-exclusive historical booklet I wanted to have this game in German.

Which is great for the expansion, I can just by the Feuerland expansion BUT I was heavily dependent on the Z-Man rules to help me learn the game! EEK!

I'm sure some enterprising individual will provide a translated version in English. I would be keen to do so myself (I've been working on translating the historical perspectives document that came with the German version of Fields of Arle but not in the English one).

However, if I was going to put the time and effort into doing it I would like to know it would be worthwhile and that a publisher (which ever that may be) was not going to release the already translated document as part of their release of the game in the near future. Currently with the lack of forthcoming news about an English version of the expansion (I'm subscribed to this thread to see if anything more concrete pops up on the subject), it's difficult to know whether it's worth the effort at this point. I figure it should become a lot clearer at Essen.

I'm currently on the fence about waiting to see if an English version is forthcoming (as it'd just be easier to use straight out of the box) or to just go with the Feuerland Spiele German version (my version of the base game is the German version). I'm edging towards getting the Feuerland version if for no other reason than I like the company, they have provided information about the expansion along the way and have provided the German rules in a reasonable timeframe before release. And I'd like to support them for that.

(I think writing that out has confirmed in my mind what I should do!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.