Chris
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do you remember this scene with the Balrog in The Lord of The Ring? :-)

The PDF for this Quest can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9mi8ugmg4g1gun/CS13%20%28EN%29%20...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Quest] The Bridge of Khazad-dûm - (cross-over Zombicide Black Plague and Massive Darkness)
LOL, this looks interesting. Now the question is which survivors are going to be the hobbits, especially that fool of a Took

Hmm...
Baldric = Gandalf
Samson = Gimli
Silas = Legolas
Clovis = Boromir

Do you think Aragon would rather wear a habit (Ann) or a long skirt (Nelly) I suppose we could be nice and break out Wulfsburg so he could be Theo.

I think Milo is the only short enough to represent the hobbits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Quest] The Bridge of Khazad-dûm - (cross-over with Massive Darkness)
Heh... The first thing I thought when I read your description was; "I hope Chris included two Bridge sections"...*Chuckle*... Nicely done. And, I think I might even add the plastic and card sections to create a four-part bridge and a really long board--my table can take it.

I am also intrigued by the choice to use the Necro cards as Goblin spawns, though I have to ask; during testing did they show up with enough frequency to maintain the Goblin theme?

And, the obligatory question; What, no cave Troll?...*Grin*...

Regardless, digging the shout out to one of my favorite encounters in this story which, for me, holds many fond memories as a favored series of books from childhood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi QorDaq,

Your feedback is always valuable and very welcome. Below are some clarifications. The link has been updated with a revised version of the Quest.

QorDaq wrote:
Heh... The first thing I thought when I read your description was; "I hope Chris included two Bridge sections"...*Chuckle*... Nicely done. And, I think I might even add the plastic and card sections to create a four-part bridge and a really long board--my table can take it.

You can add as many bridge parts you'd like. However please note that with the given setup, it is possible for the Goblin Archers to shoot over the chasm. Same thing for Survivors having any 0-3 Ranged Weapons or Spells. If you add bridge Zones, you'll lose this possibility of shooting over the chasm.

QorDaq wrote:

I am also intrigued by the choice to use the Necro cards as Goblin spawns, though I have to ask; during testing did they show up with enough frequency to maintain the Goblin theme?

Actually I wanted to create a Quest with only the two core boxes of each game, to allow as many people as possible to play it, without any expansion. The rules for the Goblin Archers are roughly the same as the ones for Deadeye Walkers. And I used the necromancers Spawn Cards as they are available in the core box (+ the necromancer doesn't fit in the story anyway). In Deadeye Walkers the number of archers ranges from 1 (blue level) to 4 (red level) for the easiest spawn cards and from 3 (blue level) to 6 (red level) for the harder spawn cards. There is a total of 6 spawn cards (same number as the necromancer spawn cards). So I tried to make a simple rule by having the same number of Goblin Archers when drawing a card (without adding a rule based on level) and, to keep the game balanced, I selected an average number of 2 Goblin Archers. But your point is valid and I've increased this number to 3 Goblin Archers in the updated Quest. The Quest is harder now... For gamers having the Deadeye Walkers expansion, the best thing to do is to replace the necromancer spawn cards by the Deadeye walker spawn cards such that they have spawns aligned with the experience levels.

QorDaq wrote:

And, the obligatory question; What, no cave Troll?...*Grin*...

The intent of the Quest is really to have Survivors living again this epic scene with the Balrog. The Cave Troll deserves a dedicated Quest.. Stay tuned... :-)

QorDaq wrote:

Regardless, digging the shout out to one of my favorite encounters in this story which, for me, holds many fond memories as a favored series of books from childhood.

Same here. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
kal91a wrote:
LOL, this looks interesting. Now the question is which survivors are going to be the hobbits, especially that fool of a Took

Hmm...
Baldric = Gandalf
Samson = Gimli
Silas = Legolas
Clovis = Boromir

Do you think Aragon would rather wear a habit (Ann) or a long skirt (Nelly) I suppose we could be nice and break out Wulfsburg so he could be Theo.

If you are ready not to stick to the Survivors of the core box, then, you're right, Theo is a must for Aragorn. And it that case, the Kickstarter Exclusive William will suit even more for Boromir.

I have no clue to have the hobbits properly represented though... :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epawn wrote:
kal91a wrote:

Hmm...
Baldric = Gandalf
Samson = Gimli
Silas = Legolas
Clovis = Boromir

If you are ready not to stick to the Survivors of the core box, then, you're right, Theo is a must for Aragorn. And it that case, the Kickstarter Exclusive William will suit even more for Boromir.

I have no clue to have the hobbits properly represented though... :-)

For hobbits, the stranger things kids will be out next summer when the Green Horde kickstarters are released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.