Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent O.
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Lorenzo. Played it at Gen Con and loved it. However, CMON did not include the Leader cards when they taught the ticketed event, because, well, we were all first time players.

However, one complaint that I have heard a little bit about this game is that the resources can really be tight. So, the discard ability to take a Council Privilege might be really helpful, especially in a first game.

So, has anyone tried this...

For the first game, deal out 4 (or possibly 3) leader cards that can be used to take a privilege on your turn. Then, for the next game, you can talk about what those leader cards can actually do for you.

I was just thinking that in my first game, if I had an option to get some extra coins or a faith or something, it would be nice to have that "discard a card" option. Has anyone tried this?

Sprout
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work well. Good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Barako
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't even bother with the basic rules for my game group.
I teach the game by doing a sample round. Then I unload the concept of leaders.

This method works very well with the number of times I've been able to get this to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.