Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for co-operative games similar to Police Precinct. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lee
msg tools
My wife isn't huge into board game(I'm working on it meeple) but loves Police Precinct. I haven't really been able to find anything similar. A co-operative "cops and robbers" type game.

The theme isn't set in stone, she also enjoys Flashpoint because of it being fully co-operative.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burgle Bros? You're on the other side of the coin/fence...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
CO
flag msg tools
Yeah, you'll have a tough time finding many co-ops with that theme. Burgle Bros is great, though.

Outside of the theme, you should look into:
Pandemic: Iberia, Freedom: The Underground Railroad, and Mansions of Madness: Second Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lee
msg tools
Appreciate the replies! The theme isn't a must, she just really enjoys it(former police officer).

Burgle Bros. is definitely on the list, as is Pandemic. I've also considered Hostage Negotiator, even though it's a solo. I'd love to grab Mansions of Madness, but I don't think she'll agree to a $100+ game... Yet!

Baby steps... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not coop, but you might find interesting is How to Rob a Bank.

There are also the coop mystery games like Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases and Deadline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nell
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
London Dread is a bit similar to Police Precinct in that you're investigating things though it takes place in the Victorian era and it has a real time element. It is co-op.

Another co-op is Agents of Smersh which has a 007 sort of theme though it is a bit story based with a book of things that can happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tragedy Looper is a game where 1-3 players cooperate against an evil mastermind (so you have to have 2 people, minimum) to investigate tragedies, most of which are crimes. The twist is that the people have a time machine, so they get to rewind the game and start over, trying to avoid leaving the murderer in the room alone with his victim, or whatever the condition is that causes the tragedy to occur. The evil mastermind, of course, wants the tragedies to occur. There are many scenarios (cases), and if you run out of the official ones there are websites full of fan made ones.

The Ravens of Thri Sahashri is a pleasant 2 person coop where you are trying to restore the sanity of one of the players. It's not really like anything else, but since it sounded as if 2p coops were of interest, I thought I would mention it. They are both Japanese, with Manga influenced art, but I don't think they have anything else in common ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at Bomb Squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.