Popular Tags: [View All]
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the Elder Guardian do? The book makes it sound like it gives +2 control, but the tile says x2 control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnweldy wrote:
What does the Elder Guardian do? The book makes it sound like it gives +2, but the tile says x2.

It adds 2 to your total amount of guardian symbols when determining if you have control of a flower.

The tile is indicating that it (the Elder Guardian) is worth double the value of a regular Guardian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thewagon wrote:
johnweldy wrote:
What does the Elder Guardian do? The book makes it sound like it gives +2, but the tile says x2.

It adds 2 to your total amount of guardian symbols when determining if you have control of a flower.

The tile is indicating that it (the Elder Guardian) is worth double the value of a regular Guardian.

Is this confirmed?

Seems like poor graphic design to me. They grey matches the grey of the neutral cards, which don’t give any influence on their own. Intuition says it does nothing alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Bates
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Page 10 of the rules, under Special Power Tokens, Elder Guardian:

"Elder Guardians are counted as two guardians when determining control."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chbates wrote:
From Page 10 of the rules, under Special Power Tokens, Elder Guardian:

"Elder Guardians are counted as two guardians when determining control."

Yes, I understand that, thank you, and listed it on my OP. What I was asking was if the rulebook is truth or the components, because they seem to conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan & Mandy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Just wanted to confirm here... Elder Guardians are worth 2 guardians when counting control. The "x2" is in reference to the fact that an Elder is worth twice as much as a normal guardian.

I think you make a good point about the fact that they are grey and that the tile might be a touch confusing. We will look into that for any additional printings.

Thanks for taking the time to ask, and share your question.

-Jordan & Mandy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.