18 Posts

Through the Ages» Forums » General

Subject: Are there any streamers playing this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ksodva
Canada
flag msg tools
Now that the mobile game is out I am surprised there aren't any streamers playing and explaining the game like they would for CIV 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indenture Forlife
msg tools
mbmbmb
(with a polite voice)... Probably because this is a forum for board games, not computer games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ksodva wrote:
Now that the mobile game is out I am surprised there aren't any streamers playing and explaining the game like they would for CIV 5.

The overlap in the Venn diagram of people who are TtA experts and people who stream video games has got to be incredibly slim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas W
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a Spanish gameplay video of the app posted couple days ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ksodva
Canada
flag msg tools
Well I mean even board games in general, as the community grows bigger there would be more people that want to see other people play and as board games get digitized it will be easier for people to produce game play content. At the end of the day, board games are still games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ksodva wrote:
Well I mean even board games in general, as the community grows bigger there would be more people that want to see other people play and as board games get digitized it will be easier for people to produce game play content. At the end of the day, board games are still games.

Lordie, watching a stream of someone play Through the Ages. I personally can't imagine anything more dull.

That said, it seems to be in tune with the times, so why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ziegler
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the OP that this would be a fantastic thing to see. I have been really struggling against the Hard AI and I would love to see how an expert approaches it, especially if they explained their actions as they went through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, I found a Chinese playthrough against two medium AIs on Youtube. As I don't understand Chinese, I quickly muted the sound and still had a lot of fun watching the game. I am definitely interested in watching more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess asking this question means I'm old, but how would one stream this? Is there some other app that lets you make a video of whatever you're doing on your phone? And records audio too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junfeng Liang
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Can you forward the link to me please? I am a Chinese. I would like to watch it.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobier wrote:
Can you forward the link to me please? I am a Chinese. I would like to watch it.

Thank you.

Sure, here it is: https://youtu.be/4FAbmwy0nQk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trantor42 wrote:
jacobier wrote:

Thank you.

Sure, here it is: https://youtu.be/4FAbmwy0nQk

Interesting, it looks like they're playing on a pc with a mouse? Anyone know how they're recording the stream?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno what they were using, but you can google for XSplit or Open Broadcast Software (OBS). I don't know about streaming from a phone or tablet per say, but you can run TtA on any Android system, so a lot of the small 2-in-1s (like the google machines), or you could just run it on top of an emulator on just about any system you'd like.

Edit: I don't live in the Apple community, but I'd assume there's a similar kind of cross compatibility in the iOS world such that TtA could run on top of a Mac Book or whatever. That functionality would also allow streaming, but again, I don't know the nuts and bolts of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ksodva
Canada
flag msg tools
Never done it but you can play most apps on pc with an emulator like nox. Apple would be a lot more complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a Samsung device you can easily "stream" to your PC using SideSync and play in fullscreen on your TV. Works like a charm.

For recording something on your device you can use the built-in recording features (again, I only did this with Samsung) or use something like "AZ Screen Recorder" or the built-in features of Google Play Services.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sporre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quill18 (known for playing Civilization among others) is a novice at the game and tried it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnbeTeMaQZU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ksodva
Canada
flag msg tools
Some higher elo game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZvk7Lc02w

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there went 50 minutes of my life. Good game though. I just hit level 33 so I guess I'm at that level but it sure doesn't feel like it. I've played mostly 4 player games though since that's mostly what I see available. The two-player "dance" is a different game for sure, and one I probably like better, I just don't play as much these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.