Hide
10 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: Card 155 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerred Trombley
msg tools
The card asks if you speak German to grab a different card. Where would I know if my character could speak german?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hazzerd88 wrote:
The card asks if you speak German to grab a different card. Where would I know if my character could speak german?

It refers to the player, not the character
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerred Trombley
msg tools
Oohhhhh, I like that.
I don't know anyone who speaks German but I like the "mechanic". Maybe there would be a if you know binary or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Google translate is your friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh really?

Wow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, all these years in high school studying German only paid off...

I have to send my mom flowers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
My wife and I had the same problem. We thought about this for quite some time, then argued that not only do we speak German, but Victor Frankenstein, her character, should be able to speak German, too.

Yeah. Turns out "you" in that case was the player, not the character. I kinda liked it, but it does break the fourth wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mosch wrote:
My wife and I had the same problem. We thought about this for quite some time, then argued that not only do we speak German, but Victor Frankenstein, her character, should be able to speak German, too.

Yeah. Turns out "you" in that case was the player, not the character. I kinda liked it, but it does break the fourth wall.

Unless you pull out the card to check it out you'll never encounter it though. It's a bit too meta to my taste and reminds me of the turtle problem of the Pnp. Because yes, it WAS a problem IMO.

Hopefully they didn't do that anywhere else in the game :-S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerred Trombley
msg tools
What was the turtle problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hazzerd88 wrote:
What was the turtle problem?

In the PnP there was a turtle riddle, which, from memory, was
Spoiler (click to reveal)
to catch a turtle 4 times. Since the turtle card was 004, the solution was to multiply that number by four (004 x 4) and take card 016 instead. Lots of people (including myself) felt it was a bit to meta and not the type of riddles/puzzles we were expecting within the game so had a hard time figuring it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.