Subject: Outdoor/Fire Pit games with small footprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Anselmo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested in what people recommend for games that can be played outdoors with a tiny footprint. My wife and I enjoy sitting outside in front of a fire pit in Adirondack chairs from spring to early fall. We just finished Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures and were looking for something else other than the original SHCD which we will obviously pick up. Prior to that we played a streamlined, house-ruled version of Trivial Pursuit without the board. The only space we have is a tiny end table and the somewhat wide arms of the Adirondack chairs. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Hive Pocket?

Love Letter can also be played with very limited space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Crosslin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Similar to Sherlock is Mythos Tales

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Anselmo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have regular Hive but it isn't a big hit with my wife. Something about abstracts that doesn't appeal. Love letter is a good idea. I have it and it barely takes up any space.

Mythos Tales was not on my radar but definitely looks like a game we can play outside.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Jack Pocket
oddball Äeronauts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe Jaipur?
Or Kingdomino with a small tray on your lap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vaccaro
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Santorini. If you sleeve the cards and get a waterproof board of the same dimensions, then it's totally an outdoor game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.