Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Ratter
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to clarify something about the way a markets/ports work.

This is the way I understand that they work, please tell me if this is correct: If you have constructed a market and it is engaged with one of your workers(or controlled via an engaged town in the region), you can pay a single florin (instead of using an Action Disc), and perform 2 transactions (buying or selling up to 2 cubes) on the Domestic market as your action.

A Port works the same way, but for the foreign market. I assume your transactions can be with whatever resource(s) you want.

I've only played a few times and my group is confused about how markets/ports work. I understand it to work by getting two transactions in one turn, instead of breaking the double-usage up over two different turns and paying two different florins for the same, single port.

I understand each engaged market/port you have gives you that double use however, they must be taken on different turns as different actions.

Thanks for the clarification/validation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
All correct. And don’t forget it’s in addition to (before or after) whatever action you select with your disc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ratter
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much appreciated, Mark!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The post/market usage is not "as your action" as it is in addition to your normal action done using an action disk.

And note that when you build a port/market, you can immediately use it (paying a florin as normal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
it is in addition to your normal action

this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.