Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B-Rom
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
So according to the rules you could conceivably, depending on the sheer luck of the initiative roll, have two actions to spend in which you could legally, as far as I can tell, MOVE and then perform a RANGED ATTACK.

Then there is a trait called MOVE AND SHOOT where you spend two actions to MOVE and perform a RANGED ATTACK (at a penalty even).

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I don't believe there is any limitation on taking range attacks after moving. You can move, and then, shoot. MOVE AND FIRE states that you may spend two actions and shoot at any point along your movement at a -1 penalty. Almost like running and shooting. Normally, you would have to complete your move then shoot. Does this all sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rom
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hmmmm...

So you are saying you take a move action, dont complete it, take a ranged attack action, resolve combat, then complete your move?

Because wow that move and fire trait is very vague and not fleshed out. Seems like there would be much to consider/declare to pull this off fairly.

Plus with range being infinite I am not sure I get the difference between firing and moving two "spaces" to cover or the move one, fire, move one to cover.

Perhaps this trait was covered more in depth in one of the earlier SBH rule books or something?

Or maybe I just don't make enough assumptions, fill in enough blanks on my own, when perusing lighter rules like these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
brahmulus wrote:
Hmmmm...

So you are saying you take a move action, dont complete it, take a ranged attack action, resolve combat, then complete your move?

This sounds correct. It does cost two actions, and you take a shoot penalty, so it's not that overpowered. Most characters don't have a move short, only a move medium, so you couldn't "move one, fire, move one to cover"

I can envision MOVE AND FIRE as a situation where you are in cover, make a medium move to another covered position, and shoot along the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rom
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK, thanks for engaging.

FWIW I never thought it was overpowered, I actually thought the opposite, that it was a trait that just replicated exactly what you can do with two regular actions via regular rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Got it. I think in order to move, shoot, and move with regular rules, you would need three actions. Plus, movement can't be broken up into sections. While you can move less than 1 Medium, once you complete your move of desired length, your move action is over. That's why characters without acrobat trait have to use 2 actions to go around corners, as movement is always in a straight line. Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rom
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
It does, thanks man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.