Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to find out if anyone knows if the retail core game will be the same as the kickstarter. I'm assuming the content will be but will the retail version have the corrected cards in it and will the rule book have any errata updates?

Just working out if I should wait for the retail to hit the shelves or go with a kickstarter that people are selling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Whyman
United States
Vivian
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
There are a lot of kickstarter exclusive figures including the top monster Hellsbane. Here is a link to the list.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1588012/contents-retail-vs-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
Just want to find out if anyone knows if the retail core game will be the same as the kickstarter. I'm assuming the content will be but will the retail version have the corrected cards in it and will the rule book have any errata updates?

Just working out if I should wait for the retail to hit the shelves or go with a kickstarter that people are selling

Your question is a little ambiguous.

If you are asking about the core game box, it is the same no matter where you get it.

If you're asking whether Kickstarter backers got anything extra beyond the core box, then yes they got a metric ton of extra stuff. In particular, Kickstarter backers got a huge number of extra (and mostly exclusive) roaming monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jesters_race wrote:
will the retail version have the corrected cards in it and will the rule book have any errata updates?

I virtually guarantee you the retail box will ship with the corrected cards... the latter is harder to say. If I had to guess - the rule book won’t have changes or if it does they will be minor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
jesters_race wrote:

Your question is a little ambiguous.

If you are asking about the core game box, it is the same no matter where you get it.

If you're asking whether Kickstarter backers got anything extra beyond the core box, then yes they got a metric ton of extra stuff. In particular, Kickstarter backers got a huge number of extra (and mostly exclusive) roaming monsters.

My question was if the retail base game would be the same as the kickstarter base game, as I said I'm assuming the content would be the same just wanted to find out if the corrected cards would be in the retail version and if the rule book would have any errata updates in the retail rule book, which DrainofLoans has addressed above.

Thanks for your help guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.