Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my War Eternal along with AE Update Pack, Nameless and The Depths.

Should I keep them all separated or is there a way to combine logically without making a huge PITA for setup?

Will the Broken Token support all of this or just the 2 "big boxes"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Just received my War Eternal along with AE Update Pack, Nameless and The Depths.

Should I keep them all separated or is there a way to combine logically without making a huge PITA for setup?

The Broken Token insert fits everything currently out. (Sleeved, too.)

Source: I have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:

Thanks! just ordered one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherlock Holmes
msg tools
mb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

The Broken Token insert fits everything currently out. (Sleeved, too.)

How many sleeves did you need?

I backed all items for this game except the base game (Elder pledge).

I ordered 600 sleeves. Would that be enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sri C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the Upgrade for all previous and Accessory Pack, adding each playable character their own crystal and spark; get 1000 sleeves. This includes the RANDOMIZERS and the TURN ORDER cards as well.

For an accurate count which fits what you have, use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e4nmOptkcfhIaK7TrB3r...#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrod Warr
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just my 2 cents, I have everything made thus far (including promos) and it's mostly all sleeved with Dragon Shields (I didn't sleeve a few things like the randomizers). I have the Broken Token insert and it does not even come close to holding everything; I had to use the War Eternal box as well. I posted a picture of it in the image section and it looks like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mercopparis wrote:
Just my 2 cents, I have everything made thus far (including promos) and it's mostly all sleeved with Dragon Shields (I didn't sleeve a few things like the randomizers). I have the Broken Token insert and it does not even come close to holding everything; I had to use the War Eternal box as well. I posted a picture of it in the image section and it looks like this:

Are those sleeves thicker than most? Maybe thats the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used standard Mayday sleeves (non-premium). It was somewhere in the 900 to 1000 range if I remember correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved all my cards in KMC Perfect Fit and there is still a lot of space left in the insert for more cards if they ever make more expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I used the artist case with insert from go7. I am uploading a pic. Works great, I kept two xpac boxes for the mage and n, nemesis mats which fit above the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually always prefer premium sleeves for any of my deck builder games as I come from a professional CCG playing background but for this game I think i'm going to do perfect fits (aka standard sleeves) since there is no shuffling and I can fit everything in one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
I used the artist case with insert from go7. I am uploading a pic. Works great, I kept two xpac boxes for the mage and n, nemesis mats which fit above the cards.

How much does that box run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
Lakoda wrote:

How much does that box run?

The box is pretty cheap from the Hobby Lobby website as long as you use the 40% off coupon that is always in the upper right hand corner. I think it was like $12-$14 after the discount. The insert is where you spend your money though, around $30 or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
I used standard Mayday sleeves (non-premium). It was somewhere in the 900 to 1000 range if I remember correctly.

dacool561 wrote:
I usually always prefer premium sleeves for any of my deck builder games as I come from a professional CCG playing background but for this game I think i'm going to do perfect fits (aka standard sleeves) since there is no shuffling and I can fit everything in one box.

In the interests of accuracy, I did use Premium sleeves for the dividers. Mayday Dixit sleeves fit perfectly, after the length is trimmed down a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So before I start breaking shrink wrap, is there anything I need to know about organizing and consolidating the base game with Eternal War and all the other expansions?

The manual doesn't list/talk about dividers, etc.

In the past when I assumed it would be easy enough to figure out what goes where I ended up making a bigger mess than just leaving them as is..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I would post my experience here. I went ahead and purchased the Broken Token insert. Being the first time I have bought one of their products, I was super impressed by:

1. The assembly/packing instructions. Clear with plenty of pictures.
2. Components - It seems likely that they laser cut the components on the sprues. I had no issues with fit and everything fit together very nice and snug. I used no glue and no hammer. I used a little tape on the outside corners of the main part of the insert, since they recommend this.

I own both AE and AE: War Eternal, as well as all expansions (depths, nameless, void, outer dark) and the accessory pack, but not the promos. I have everything sleeved with fantasy flight sleeves. Everything fits into one box with all components except the randomizer cards (obviously what you choose to leave out is up to you). This includes the preassembled character decks using the accessory pack, so you may be able to get the randomizers in if you were to leave out the extra sparks and crystals from the accessory pack. I also removed all but one of the dividers that come with the insert.

YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
mercopparis wrote:

When did you buy this from Broken Token? Their newer organizer (shipping in the beginning of September I think) is advertised as able to hold everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:
mercopparis wrote:

When did you buy this from Broken Token? Their newer organizer (shipping in the beginning of September I think) is advertised as able to hold everything.

It can hold everything unsleeved or in penny or KMC Perfect Fit sleeves. It is tight with the Perfect Fit sleeves. With thicker sleeves, it can't hold all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie B
United States
Seattle Area
Washington
flag msg tools
We sleeved our cards with Mayday Premium sleeves and were able to fit it in the original AE box without a Broken Token. It's fully functional with all expansions and promos for both games. Plus no lid lift!
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1861344/aeons-end-war-etern...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Freer
United Kingdom
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I didn’t realise people had made dedicated solutions to this problem to I made my own, or rather customised this:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1320619

This solution seems to work well, however I have had to reprint it twice when getting War Eternal and The Depths. Hopefully a few more reprints in the future too.
The whole stack takes about 7 hours to print and I haven’t checked but I think it cost around £3. It all currently fits nicely in the original box, but I suspect any more cards and I will need to keep it separate.
I can link the STL files if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.