Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find this answer as it was driving me crazy as I thought I had read that you put unsuccessful encounters shuffled back into the encounter deck but a quick re-reading of rules did not see anything. So what do you do with unsuccessful encounters if the encounter card doesn't say to shuffle it back in encounter deck. Is it just discarded? And if this is in the rules can I get a point out to the rules section. Thanks in advance.

I've only got one game under my belt but curious why you don't re-roll the initiative dice after R1? Seems like it would randomize the order each turn vs set in R1 which obviously could be good or bad. I mean you have the cool dice to do so and does anybody play that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some specifically say shuffle back. Otherwise they are discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
I couldn't find this answer as it was driving me crazy as I thought I had read that you put unsuccessful encounters shuffled back into the encounter deck but a quick re-reading of rules did not see anything. So what do you do with unsuccessful encounters if the encounter card doesn't say to shuffle it back in encounter deck. Is it just discarded? And if this is in the rules can I get a point out to the rules section. Thanks in advance.

Page 24: If there are no surviving Gearlocs at the end of battle (all Gearlocs KO’d), there will be no Progress or Rewards for that day, and the Encounter Card is discarded.

T-Mo wrote:
I've only got one game under my belt but curious why you don't re-roll the initiative dice after R1? Seems like it would randomize the order each turn vs set in R1 which obviously could be good or bad. I mean you have the cool dice to do so and does anybody play that way?

The game is already random enough and planning out actions based around turn order is (IMO) a necessary strategy to be successful. Also there are some cards and enemy powers (Inspire) that will adjust Initiative which necessitates it persist round to round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.