Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chase
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have the "Building Miniatures" box, and there are 14 churches. Why does the rulebook mention the number "7" in section 1.1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elcapclimber2001 wrote:
I have the "Building Miniatures" box, and there are 14 churches. Why does the rulebook mention the number "7" in section 1.1?

It is 7 for each faction. 7 for the Thegn and 7 for the Housecarls. 7+7 = 14. Edit: And they could have made that clear in the rules, but didn't. I love the base game but the expansion has rule holes that indicate very poor blind-playtesting and/or development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are too kind. There are signs of NO blind play-testing, and not much consideration for how some of the mechanisms will impact game play.

And while the rules do have some glaring problems, you aren't being fair this time.

The first line under Setup reads:

"Each English player places 7 Church tiles (14 total) on any City shires on the map."

I think that is quite clear. Yes, it could have been even more clear with something like "the player controlling each English faction places..." but it's obvious they are trying to fit the expansions into one page and this one is snug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.