Popular Tags: [View All]
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question on Lijah's special rule. The card says "Any time one or more hostages leave the Hostage pool..."

I took that to mean, obviously, that when something like failing Secret Extraction happens (resulting in two killed hostages and one saved hostage), you activate Lijah's effect once. Three hostages left the hostage pool simultaneously, so "one or more" encompasses that.

I'm a little less clear on a card like Little Compromises. There are three effects for a successful roll. One of them is CP+, so not applicable. But then it gets tricky. One is threat level down. If I'm already at S, this results in a saved hostage. But the third effect is also a saved hostage.

Since I'm triggering the effects from left to right, am I triggering them separately, resulting in Lijah's effect activating twice? Or is resolving the card one action, even if the order I resolve it in, left to right, is defined in the rulebook?

Thanks, AJ! Love the expansion.

EDIT: While I'm thinking about it, just for clarity's sake, if one is on Threat Level S and gets Threat Level -2, resulting in two saved hostages -- that's just one Lijah trigger, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
For the purposes of Lijah's ability, include everything on a card as ONE trigger.

The intent is not for all the Escape Demands to "shotgunned" out all at once, which would be the case if you triggered it multiple times per card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Definitely makes more sense thematically that way. Not how I played it last night, but...I would have lost either way...

Thanks for the insight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.