Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
89 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Leaving Earth» Forums » General

Subject: What's with Luminaris? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
user unknown
Japan
flag msg tools
Ordered my game on August 23rd.
Got an invoice on September 4th, indicating I would receive a separate note when my order ships.

So far nothing... No reply to my message either...

Is this how it normally works at Luminaris?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I waited quite a while (a month or more). Had to write 3 emails to them(at least). It did finally arrive though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BartowWing wrote:
I waited quite a while (a month or more). Had to write 3 emails to them(at least). It did finally arrive though.


Did you get a shipping email? Or it just show up?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Cullum
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that they are a print on demand type operation and so can be a bit slow when they are out of a game or components. My initial order took a bit of time, nothing too crazy, but they sent a shipping notice and the games arrived.

They are also in the middle of shipping the new game (Stations) so may be a little swamped right now.

Hope this works out for you - it's a fun game and cool components.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
no username wrote:
Is this how it normally works at Luminaris?


Yes.

As has been discussed in a great many articles here in these forums, Lumenaris is a small, family-owned business which does all production in house and batches print runs when there is enough demand to pay for it.

Sending more emails will slow everything down as the people who run the machines also answer the emails.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
user unknown
Japan
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies. I only sent one email because after ordering I got no information for about 10 days so I wasn't even sure my order had been processed.

Fair enough then I'll be patient.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It likewise took a while for me to get my game (a month or two), but it did come eventually. Was a bit different from what I normally expect out of companies like GMT (which I always viewed as a smaller company), but I know these guys are even smaller!

The product is great though. Worth the wait.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
often wrote:
The product is great though. Worth the wait.


It is very much worth the wait.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
user unknown
Japan
flag msg tools
often wrote:
Was a bit different from what I normally expect out of companies like GMT (which I always viewed as a smaller company)


Coming from the wargaming end of the hobby, GMT is the biggest boardgames company on my radar!

I was unaware of the fact that Luminaris produces games on demand, it makes sense that it would take much longer to process orders.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

FYI, Joe does inform the customer that there may be a "Lead Time" before receiving the order, up to several weeks.

Here, from the Luminaris website: https://lumenaris.com/notes.html

I guess though - to avoid the "nuisance" emails that Juan alluded to - the fact that the print runs are accomplished on a batch demand schedule could be made more visible to the customer directly on the shopping cart page (if it isn't already).

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to me. No worries, though. I got my game and you'll get yours.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the September 1 release of the Stations expansion may also have contributed to any current backlog.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to be patient.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb wrote:
You need to be patient.


I think that's exactly what the OP is showing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you visited their website?

https://lumenaris.com/

They are a small, family owned-company that seems to focus on sewing, and also makes ONE terrific board game.

Waiting can be hard, especially for such a good game. The designer/publisher is really nice and very active on BGG.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(I'm the designer of Leaving Earth, and I work for Lumenaris.)

Normally we ship games from inventory, but the Stations release turned out to be much, much bigger than we expected. We're churning out games and shipping them as fast as we can, but we keep getting in more orders all the while. We're a really small family company, so there's only about half a dozen people working here in total.

When your order ships, you'll get an email with a tracking number from either UPS or USPS (depending which one it ships with).
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
(I'm the designer of Leaving Earth, and I work for Lumenaris.)

Normally we ship games from inventory, but the Stations release turned out to be much, much bigger than we expected. We're churning out games and shipping them as fast as we can, but we keep getting in more orders all the while. We're a really small family company, so there's only about half a dozen people working here in total.

When your order ships, you'll get an email with a tracking number from either UPS or USPS (depending which one it ships with).


Thanks for the info - how about orders that do not include Stations? Are those shipping after Stations is all out? Or in any sort of order? Was charged several weeks ago now - curious how that's being handled.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're currently shipping out all orders, roughly first-in-first-out. The Stations-induced rush has run through most of our inventory of all of our games, so we're making more of all of them to meet demand.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
We're currently shipping out all orders, roughly first-in-first-out. The Stations-induced rush has run through most of our inventory of all of our games, so we're making more of all of them to meet demand.


Cool - thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
(I'm the designer of Leaving Earth, and I work for Lumenaris.)

Normally we ship games from inventory, but the Stations release turned out to be much, much bigger than we expected. We're churning out games and shipping them as fast as we can, but we keep getting in more orders all the while. We're a really small family company, so there's only about half a dozen people working here in total.

When your order ships, you'll get an email with a tracking number from either UPS or USPS (depending which one it ships with).



I'm no businessman, but aside from the stress on production, having demand be higher than you expected is a good thing! I'm just getting the series now and ordered all of them. Still excitedly awaiting my box of space adventures!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
user unknown
Japan
flag msg tools
I only ordered the base game but for a moment I hesitated about getting the expansions as well.

The thing is I live in Japan and contrary to virtually any site with international shipping as an option that I have ever used, after running a couple of simulations, I realized that buying each item separately actually cost less in shipping than ordering everything at once.

Just saying this because there might be something off with the way shipping is calculated.
 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
no username wrote:
I only ordered the base game but for a moment I hesitated about getting the expansions as well.

The thing is I live in Japan and contrary to virtually any site with international shipping as an option that I have ever used, after running a couple of simulations, I realized that buying each item separately actually cost less in shipping than ordering everything at once.

Just saying this because there might be something off with the way shipping is calculated.


I actually placed and order for just the base base game.... then played on TTS and knew I wanted to have Outer Planets. They were very fair with the shipping and adjusting my original order to be both... they added very little on the second order for additional shipping. For in that respect - I think they are really quite fair.

Now if it would just get to me. 😆
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Cullum
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
no username wrote:
.... after running a couple of simulations, I realized that buying each item separately actually cost less in shipping than ordering everything at once.


That can often be the case - there is a "break point" above which shipping gets significantly more expensive and breaking packages into multiple shipments can be cheaper to keep them below the break point.

I once ordered some stuff from Canada shipped to the US, and the store deliberately did that as a single package over a certain weight (I think it was 4lb) was way more expensive than shipping 2 x 3lb packages.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
user unknown
Japan
flag msg tools
Rupertc wrote:
no username wrote:
.... after running a couple of simulations, I realized that buying each item separately actually cost less in shipping than ordering everything at once.


That can often be the case - there is a "break point" above which shipping gets significantly more expensive and breaking packages into multiple shipments can be cheaper to keep them below the break point.

I once ordered some stuff from Canada shipped to the US, and the store deliberately did that as a single package over a certain weight (I think it was 4lb) was way more expensive than shipping 2 x 3lb packages.


That can be the case but usually the breaking point is when you reach at least 4 or 5 boxed games, not just one. Shipping from the US has become so crazy these past couple of years that maybe it's changing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garton
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed my order for Leaving Earth and expansions on JUNE 30th. I saw that it wouldn't ship until September 1, so originally no worries, but now no response to phone calls/emails.

I thought I'd receive them fairly soon after September 1, but so far zilch. Has anyone received all the games from an order dated later than this?

Mike
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.