Hide
9 Posts

Grand Austria Hotel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dustbin and money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Betty Boop
msg tools
What is the dustbin for? And, if you rack up more than 20 krones do you have to stop at 20 because that's all the board can accommodate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's where you place dice that you get rid of (if people pass).

And yes money is limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The passing function can be one of the more difficult things to click in the rules. When someone passes and it once again becomes their turn, they take one of the dice and put it in the dustbin. Then they re-roll the remaining dice. Every time someone passes, another die is placed on the dustbin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Money is limited...and tight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game 11x and I've never seen anyone get 20 Krones. There is a politics card that rewards you for getting that high and I STILL have never seen anyone do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it claimed, but a lot of things have to go right. Also, you want to put that money to good use!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
Every time someone passes, another die is placed on the dustbin.

This statement is a bit misleading. There is not one die per player passing, but rather one die for each time any player(s) have passed on using the current pool of dice. If multiple players have passed on the same pool of dice only one die is placed in the bin then they are rerolled and everyone who passed chooses a die or passes again. Regardless how many players pass again only 1 die is placed in the bin with the remaining dice rerolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen players get 20 Khrones a couple times. Getting a large red group of rooms, the politics card and guest rewards are pretty much needed. Even the person who got to 20 was broke at the end of the game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klbush wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:
Every time someone passes, another die is placed on the dustbin.

This statement is a bit misleading. There is not one die per player passing, but rather one die for each time any player(s) have passed on using the current pool of dice. If multiple players have passed on the same pool of dice only one die is placed in the bin then they are rerolled and everyone who passed chooses a die or passes again. Regardless how many players pass again only 1 die is placed in the bin with the remaining dice rerolled.

Yes, one die per re-roll after a pass. If you don't re-roll, no die in the dustbin. Thank you for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.