Subject: Clarification: Choosing characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"So long, play actor!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules and example for the choosing characters section of the rule book are very detailed, but I wanted to confirm something...

If I'm the first player to choose a character on the second or later rounds, are the characters that have been chosen by the other players on the previous round off limits? (At this point the other players still have their markers on the character tiles and presumably still have their "old" character cards in front of them).

I'm assuming that the intention is that players have the choice of available character *cards* in the row at the time of their selection, and the availability of characters is dependent on whether they were un-picked on the previous turn *or* they were put back in the row by the player(s) who picked before them (who as part of their character choosing also put back their previous character card into the row).

Do I have all of that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. I'm sure the designer will be by to confirm shortly as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, different positions on the character row are "equally" restricted.

Each player has four characters to choose from.

The first player cannot choose characters other players are still holding from the previous round. The last player cannot choose characters already chosen by other players in the current round. A player choosing in between will have some characters unavailable to him because other player/s are still holding onto their character from the previous round, and other characters unavailable to him because other player/s have picked it up before he did in the current round.

It takes a couple games to learn how to "navigate" the character row. In your first game, not being able to pick a specific character in a particular round may derail your plan for the entire game. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.