Friday» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Aging Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tristanie Gamest
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you do if you run out of Robinson cards but have no more aging cards to add to the deck?

Just flip over, shuffle and continue without adding an aging card?
Pay a penalty of life and continue?
Game over you lose?
Something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cehsja wrote:
What do you do if you run out of Robinson cards but have no more aging cards to add to the deck?

Just flip over, shuffle and continue without adding an aging card?
Pay a penalty of life and continue?
Game over you lose?
Something else?

Friday – An official rules change from Friedemann Friese
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
You die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristanie Gamest
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!!!

That's what I figured when I got to the end of the aging cards because it made sense.

Last night when I wasn't sure I kept playing but that's ONLY because I had already beaten the game and had given myself the "extra goal of beating ALL the pirates."

I figured since I had already won the game and was only going through the deck more for my bonus goal I could get away with it But it made me want to check out the rules for future game play in case that happens during the actual game portion of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hittesdorf
msg tools
badge
So many games ... so little time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you continue to add aging cards while fighting the pirates as you go through your deck? I played it that way last night but was not sure if that was correct or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbrwr wrote:
Do you continue to add aging cards while fighting the pirates as you go through your deck? I played it that way last night but was not sure if that was correct or not?

Yes, pirates are just special hazard cards.

Each time you need to shuffle your Robinson deck, you add an aging card.

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gilner
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I just encountered this for the first time the other night. I've only recently begun playing Friday, and I'm not playing the physical game but the Android app. I also didn't *read* the rules that closely, but instead learned them within the game app through trial and error.

In my inexperience, the strategy I was developing was to thin my deck as much as possible, so that I only had awesome 3 and 4 strength cards. I thought I was so smart and sneaky! I then decided to try to run through all the aging cards as quickly as possible so that I wouldn't have to deal with any of their nasty surprises during the battles with the pirates! What a surprise it was to get three cards into the first pirate battle and instantly die! Oh the hubris!

Once I had figured out the rule, I had a heartbreaking loss playing on level 3 for the first time. In the battle against 40 pirates, I ran out of cards with 39 strength on the board. It was a heartbreaker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.