4 Posts

Spirit Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Poisoned Land - Rule Check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Williamson
Australia
flag msg tools
So I just got a fear win in the last turn using Vital Strength of the Earth IF I correctly interpreted the effects of the Poisoned Land major power.

Specifically in relation to the elemental threshold:

Is it per blight on the island?

So I had 5 blight down on the board would that equate to an additional 20 damage and 5 fear in addition to the base card 7 damage and 1 fear.

With all that damage I destroyed a province with something like 5 cities 5 villages which in addition to the fear generated by the card itself propelled me from midway through terror level 2 right to the win.

And thats after I misinterpreted Defend to be And/Or rather than just and in relation to defence of land and dahan. This ought to be changed in the rules as when would Dahan EVER be subject to a ravage action alone that didnt include land.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG.
Effects in general only target one land, so "Poisoned Land" only considers the blight tokens in the targeted land.
See page 17 in the rule book for general principles for card effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Williamson
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for that - I thought it might be to good too be true

I didn't realise that a land could have more than 1 blight hence my confusion, cascading is IN ADDITION to the ravaged provinces blight....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kzerzaa wrote:
I didn't realise that a land could have more than 1 blight hence my confusion, cascading is IN ADDITION to the ravaged provinces blight....
Take a look at the Rules Semi-Commonly Misplayed in the living FAQ; it has several rules you might miss that you wouldn't necessarily think to look up, including this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.