Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » General

Subject: How often do monsters get stuck in the basement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have gone over the rules many times to make sure I have everything clear in my head. I was aware of the rule that state if monsters get stuck in the basement the traitor is allowed to search the tiles for the stairs. I recently noticed on the same page that monsters are allowed to climb up to the coal chute, collapsed room or gallery from the basement. It seems very unlikely that a monster could be in the basement without one of those tiles being revealed. Has anyone come across a situation where their monsters were truly stuck down there or do people just place the stairs regardless? I'm just curious for a few anecdotes on this rule. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystic elevator seems most obvious culprit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mosiah Gonzalez
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I just got done playing a game where the monster was stuck, as they had gone down via elevator (before the haunting) someone else took the elevator up to the upper level, and *then* the haunting occurred. The person that was down in the basement became the monster. As luck would have it, the coal chute and stairs were at the bottom of the tile pile. So they were stuck there for the duration of the game. Them being down there made it significantly easier for us to win.

We weren't aware of the rule that let the monster player search the tiles, though. I'll have to bring that up next time we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. So you are saying one of the heroes went to the basement before the haunt, became the traitor and had to replace his token with a monster token? Or was his original character still on the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blackburn
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some Haunts have monsters appear in specific places. I'm not sure, but it might be possible for monsters to appear down there without a player ever having entered.

Or a player might have gotten moved there by an Event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.