46 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeves from KDM Shop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Haiko Kay
msg tools
Hey everyone, just recived my Sleeves from KDM, highly disapointing, fit is pretty good but they are thin as some cheap ones. visible scratches after some handling and this thin plastic feel and sound. I know, fit over thickness but overall im pretty disapointed.

did any guys from you got the same experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should really get in contact with Poots/Service.
I bet since he is trying to offer a top notch product he proably should know that the sleeves are crappy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jesar wrote:
Hey everyone, just recived my Sleeves from KDM, highly disapointing, fit is pretty good but they are thin as some cheap ones. visible scratches after some handling and this thin plastic feel and sound. I know, fit over thickness but overall im pretty disapointed.

Yeah I felt the same way. They have quite a few smudges and scratches on them. I might store them away to sleeve a different, less expensive, game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haiko Kay
msg tools
Indeed guys, just contacted the kdm shop if a refund is possible. this is pretty a shame for such a top notch produced game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very excited when I saw them at GenCon and purchased a few of them. Flew home on Sunday and tore them open and was super disappointed. So you're not alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haiko Kay
msg tools
Digmecolder wrote:
I was very excited when I saw them at GenCon and purchased a few of them. Flew home on Sunday and tore them open and was super disappointed. So you're not alone.

yeah thats hard. i dont know what adam thinks about them, i bought 2x core game set.. pretty hard for a price of 100 bucks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Wagner
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesar wrote:
Digmecolder wrote:

yeah thats hard. i dont know what adam thinks about them, i bought 2x core game set.. pretty hard for a price of 100 bucks

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about ordering a set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesar wrote:

How do they handle in a destructive scenario compared to other sleeves of similar price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haiko Kay
msg tools
Jasiven wrote:
jesar wrote:

How do they handle in a destructive scenario compared to other sleeves of similar price?

sure they will protect the cards, but compared to some older mage sleeves and doc magic ones, wich are a third of a price at a better quality(thicker, stiffer, nicer handling). i dont know any sleeves for 6 bucks for one pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaed Keper
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jesar wrote:

sure they will protect the cards, but compared to some older mage sleeves and doc magic ones, wich are a third of a price at a better quality(thicker, stiffer, nicer handling). i dont know any sleeves for 6 bucks for one pack.

KMC Perfect Size are $6 for a pack of 100, are 45 microns (very thin), and are considered some of the best sleeves out there by a lot of Magic players. They are hands down my favourite sleeves even when I'm not double sleeving.

If KDM sleeves fit as well on KDM cards as KMC PS fit on Magic cards, they'll be well worth the cost to me.

The idea that people WANT thick sleeves for KDM seems crazy to me, to be honest... like the game doesn't already take up enough space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
Thick sleeves can easily double a card deck...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thin sleeves can be a good thing. Scratches and smudges... not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my KDM 2x2 size Sleeves and I like them, sure they are thin but they won't be used that much as the other cards so I really don't see an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sleeved mostly all card stock in the box and I use Top Down Terrains insert. I never have a problem with the sleeves causing storage issues. Every expansion realized to date fits with plenty of room for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haiko Kay
msg tools
at the end its a matter of taste, i prefere thick ones.i dont know the KMC sleeves, but on pictures the looks a bit more tight and fit then the KDM ones. i also dont care about storage, i got a broken token card box here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I haven't sleeved my cards. I was excited by the KDM sleeves, but they are clear on both sides. I wasn't hoping for black on the back (with a generic KDM logo) for the legendary monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I was holding off on updating my spreadsheet after reading a similar reddit thread, but now that several people are saying the same thing I'm putting a solid 'do not buy' recommendation on these.

For anyone thinking about buying sleeves, I have a calculator you can use to find other brands that fit well for much, much cheaper than KDM branded:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HZbTeiUqUwcTNNYDdGl-...

If you still want thin sleeves (40 micron vs 100 micron) because of storage concerns I'd recommend Swan Standard. They're thin and I haven't had any problems with them getting scratched. They're also less than half the price of the KDM branded ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haiko Kay
msg tools
thank you for updating! i will geht the new mage sleeves for my core game and expansions. still got now answer from the kdm shop about a refund/send back. asked them on saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taboobat wrote:
I was holding off on updating my spreadsheet after reading a similar reddit thread, but now that several people are saying the same thing I'm putting a solid 'do not buy' recommendation on these.

For anyone thinking about buying sleeves, I have a calculator you can use to find other brands that fit well for much, much cheaper than KDM branded:

If you still want thin sleeves (40 micron vs 100 micron) because of storage concerns I'd recommend Swan Standard. They're thin and I haven't had any problems with them getting scratched. They're also less than half the price of the KDM branded ones.
I'd implore you to hold off on the do-not-buy recommendation until someone can do a battery of destructive tests to really compare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:
Taboobat wrote:

I'd implore you to hold off on the do-not-buy recommendation until someone can do a battery of destructive tests to really compare.

If they are scratched shortly after putting cards in them, isn't that test enough?

Especially if they cost more than the same thickness in other brands?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Jasiven wrote:
Taboobat wrote:

If they are scratched shortly after putting cards in them, isn't that test enough?

Especially if they cost more than the same thickness in other brands?
Anecdotal claims are not tests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bailey
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In addition they are packaged in a way they can become lightly creased before you even remove them from the package. its very strange coming from someone who generally takes great care with details and quality.

I will use MGC, or fantasy flight, or something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will carefully saran wrap each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Jasiven wrote:
Taboobat wrote:

So here's the thing: these are the most expensive sleeves being manufactured by anyone, anywhere. Seriously. They cost the same as FFG sleeves which are extremely highly regarded. I haven't seen a single person anywhere say a single positive thing about KDM sleeves and at the price point they should be the best sleeves you've ever seen.

Maybe it's possible that they're made of unobtanium and while they feel cheap and scratch easily they're impossible to tear and can stop a bullet but I really don't think that's the case. And even if they are, is that what you want? Sleeves that feel and look cheap but cost a ton? Might as well get sleeves that are actually cheap and save some money, or get one of the dozen options of sleeves that are definitely good, thoroughly tested already, and still cost less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle

Washington
msg tools
looks like the sleeve bundle and the regular sized sleeves are no longer on the store. anyone know if these were sold out, or pulled due to the complaints/feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.