Spirit Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Indomitable Claim - Rule Check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Williamson
Australia
flag msg tools
So if I read this card correctly:

I can place a presence for 4 energy and defend for 20.....

Does the presence come from my presence track?

Seems incredibly powerful if so. Does the presence remain for longer than 1 turn or is it just for that turn? From my reading of the rules "add" is a change to the gameboard and the 1 turn rule doesnt seem to apply.

Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
Yep, it's a good card. It also allows moving Ocean inland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Kristensen
Denmark
Herlev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To follow up on this:
If taking the presence of the board reveals an element - can that be used right away to count towards the element requirements for the optional part of the card?
Given the defined structure of how to go through cards, I would think yes. But I can see the argument against.

Ruling/opinions on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use it immediately, which I believe means it would count for that same elemental threshold. There's already a related FAQ, but I'll wait a bit to update in case Eric wants to chime in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, it will count towards the elemental threshold.

(While it would be slightly safer design to say "elements for thresholds are checked before beginning the card's effects"[1], it's both less intuitive and less fun, and I believe potentially problematic cards like the below can be avoided without needing to resort to such a rule.)

[1] = It avoids even the possibility of complications such as, eg, a Power Card saying something like:

(Range 1)
2 Damage. If target land is Sands, gain +Fire.
–- If you have 3xFire --
This Power has Range 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.