3 Posts

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing and Using Action Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex B
msg tools
mb
Curious about something. Some action cards when played allow you to draw another, and some spokes on the wheel let you draw an action card. I'm curious about what point in your turn you actually draw the card, and if you can use it that turn as well.

I decided to play it like so:

When drawing an action card as a result of playing an action card you draw it at the end of your turn and thus can't use it that turn. The rules state you discard your played cards after the action resolves, so perhaps this is when you draw the action card. Thinking about this now it doesn't seem like necessarily the best conclusion.

When drawing an action card as a result of a spoke on the wheel, you draw before taking the action and thus canplay it during your turn.

I'm really curious about this, as being able to play action cards that let you draw another, and being able to play that card as well would give you quite an advantage in some situations. I'm leaning towards that you can't do this but I just can't seem to find it stated in the rules.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Erwt
Belgium
Nieuwerkerken
flag msg tools
badge
Don't touch me, but please Do!
mbmbmbmbmb
ACBez wrote:

When drawing an action card as a result of playing an action card you draw it at the end of your turn and thus can't use it that turn. The rules state you discard your played cards after the action resolves, so perhaps this is when you draw the action card. Thinking about this now it doesn't seem like necessarily the best conclusion.

You did make it yourself harder then intended. All text resolves when the card is played,

ACBez wrote:

When drawing an action card as a result of a spoke on the wheel, you draw before taking the action and thus canplay it during your turn.

Actions on a spoke are resolved in reading order. Thus you acted correctly.

ACBez wrote:

I'm really curious about this, as being able to play action cards that let you draw another, and being able to play that card as well would give you quite an advantage in some situations. I'm leaning towards that you can't do this but I just can't seem to find it stated in the rules.

Yes you should try to exploit this Adventage. Take Tyra for example... She does great in just doing that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
msg tools
mb
Thanks, this is good news. My hero's need all the help they can get!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.