Grand Austria Hotel» Forums » Variants

Subject: Assistance draw house rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liron Levy
Netherlands
Guda
flag msg tools
In mid game: (after the initial draw and drafting)

I thought maybe to split the assistance deck into 2: one for the end game scoring assistance, and one of the rest (all the ones that give you stuff) and when drawing you can choose from where to draw...

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R3Dr4gon wrote:
In mid game: (after the initial draw and drafting)

I thought maybe to split the assistance deck into 2: one for the end game scoring assistance, and one of the rest (all the ones that give you stuff) and when drawing you can choose from where to draw...

What do you think?

Interesting! This is one of the large random luck elements in the game. Your idea Gives the players more control over the type of card drawn,a tad bit less randomness, without giving away to much information about the card draw.
Another possibility would be a face up draw deck like the customers row, so you can see a few or draw from the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Roulstone
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I really like this, great idea. And as @klbush mentioned, having a face up draw deck like the customer row would be an interesting option too. I think I will grab the husband for a game tonight to try this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.