Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Gingell
United Kingdom
Shelfanger
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 15th Flotilla, will be re-launching and starting over. The First Campaign finished a few weeks ago and the results of that campaign can be found in our forum.
If anyone is interested. First patrol will be posted October 1st.

Patrols Will go for 1 week (or until everyone has posted their results which ever comes first)

Patrols will be randomly assigned for each u-boat.

If you are interested, please sign up at http://hunters-pbfgame.proboards.com/

Even if you don't join by the 1st its ok, you can join as late as the end of the campaign, which will also allow for 1WO to be promoted and stay with the flotilla, or for the running of extra boats if you have the desire to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gingell
United Kingdom
Shelfanger
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder to say that the new campaign of the Hunters start this Sunday.

If you want a September 1939 start then you need to sort out a boat pretty quick.

I know some of you prefer a later start to get the better u-boats and that is fine, whatever floats your boat (no pun intended really)

Look forward to seeing you sign up soon if you haven't already.

crushedhat is the new XO so feel free to come and say hello.

regards

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Webster
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
If I can't solo it, I don't want it
badge
Beards and boardgames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have never played in a PBF format, however I’ve been an avid Hunters player for a few years. Am I too late for this campaign? When do you expect a new one will start, if at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gingell
United Kingdom
Shelfanger
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gray81 wrote:
Have never played in a PBF format, however I’ve been an avid Hunters player for a few years. Am I too late for this campaign? When do you expect a new one will start, if at all?

Hi Gray,

Currently we are at October 1940, so you would have only missed a handful of patrols.

So come on over and give it a go.

Usually we continue all the way to the end of the war, using the hunted rules, so it will be a long time (about 12-13 months) before we start a third campaign.

Hope to see you soon Herr leutnant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Webster
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Beards and boardgames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoroughly confused now. You've just posted the patrol assignments, and I don't seem to be listed?

Excuse my newness to this whole thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gingell
United Kingdom
Shelfanger
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems, all sorted. Entirely my fault as I usually prepare 3 patrols at a time, so had not updated the current one with new players.

Happy hunting KpLt Johann Sommer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Webster
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Beards and boardgames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again,

I’m about to set off on patrol but I notice the torpedo chart on the forum post is telling me I can only load 12 total torpedoes onto my type IX-B. That’s the same as a type VII. U-Boat mat lists 22.

Is that a mistake, or is there a narrative reason for me to sail without a full supply?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gingell
United Kingdom
Shelfanger
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gray,

Half the players use an IXA and none have them have spotted the mistake, cheers my man.

The torpedo load on the mission page has now been corrected.

I wondered how and when it happened and it looks like the mistake was made whilst transfer of information was made from the end of the first campaign to the second campaign, where the mission page is now less cluttered.

Silly error, but thanks for spotting it and letting me know.

As a reward, you receive the following:

Reward: You are informed by the Konteradmiral, that as this will be your first patrol, an experienced but troubled engineer (Olt (Ing)Reinhard Lichtenberg) will join you for your first patrol ONLY and mentor LI (Eng): Lt (Ing) Ewert Rickert over the next two months.

Effect: If trying to repair damage, roll 1D6 for each item to repair.

If you roll 1-2,then Lichtenberg advises how to undertake the repair and so you use the EXPERTE rule.
If you roll 3-4,then Lichtenberg observes the repair being made and should Rickert fail, then Lichtenberg tries to help and so you get to re-roll the repair.
If you roll 5-6, then Lichtenberg has a complete blank and cannot remember what to do, Rickert is on his own and so makes a normal repair roll

regards

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
flag msg tools
If you allow...

During your first meal on the patrol, you hear suddenly a weak 'Miau' under the table. You look down. It turns out that a black and white patched cat has somehow sneaked on the board.

Rolling effect unknown. (Probably just reduces stress level of your crew.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.