Popular Tags: [View All]
John Morgan
United Kingdom
Bristol
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,
Just brought this without realising it's a dead game and there is problems with the Apple App. Is there any ideas when/if the Apple app will be fixed as the game seems unplayable (or atleast pointless) without it.
Otherwise am going to have to see if any of my friends have an android to play this on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashman1998 wrote:
Hi All,
Just brought this without realising it's a dead game and there is problems with the Apple App. Is there any ideas when/if the Apple app will be fixed as the game seems unplayable (or atleast pointless) without it.
Otherwise am going to have to see if any of my friends have an android to play this on.

Yeah, unfortunately the iOS app is kind of DOA right now. There's no ETA for when it'll be fixed either.

It works fine on Android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I’d done a little research before picking this up on clearance. It does make me wary of purchasing any games that require apps from smaller developers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Alson
msg tools
Funny, it makes me wary of ever purchasing an Apple product, an unease established 20 years ago that has never let up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
ropcer wrote:
Funny, it makes me wary of ever purchasing an Apple product, an unease established 20 years ago that has never let up.;)

So you think apple is responsible for HBS failing to create a working app ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use both Android and Apple on a day to day basis, so I've never bothered wasting my energy on hating one or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Alson
msg tools
LarkinVB wrote:
ropcer wrote:
Funny, it makes me wary of ever purchasing an Apple product, an unease established 20 years ago that has never let up.

I didn't say that. What I know is that their proprietary framework can be difficult for developers to work with, but so many deal with it because they've been hot with consumers. Shame on HBS for starting down that path without devoting proper resources toward keeping up with Apple's progression.

On the other hand, an open framework like Android offers users the option to ignore the ham-fisted updates that have pretty much made the app obsolete on iOS. It's possible that someone might even create a homebrew patch with additional pilots or tweak the mechanics integral to the game.

It's mostly personal preference, so I apologize if I sound smug. For me, I'll choose the option to tinker over rampaging advancement most of the time, which is why I don't own anything Apple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cappy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
ropcer wrote:
LarkinVB wrote:
ropcer wrote:

I didn't say that. What I know is that their proprietary framework can be difficult for developers to work with, but so many deal with it because they've been hot with consumers. Shame on HBS for starting down that path without devoting proper resources toward keeping up with Apple's progression.

On the other hand, an open framework like Android offers users the option to ignore the ham-fisted updates that have pretty much made the app obsolete on iOS. It's possible that someone might even create a homebrew patch with additional pilots or tweak the mechanics integral to the game.

It's mostly personal preference, so I apologize if I sound smug. For me, I'll choose the option to tinker over rampaging advancement most of the time, which is why I don't own anything Apple.

Man, you really don't understand the open- vs closed-source debate do you? The reason the GolemArcana app is broken on iOS and still working on Android has zero-squared to do with one being closed source and the other being open. But thanks for grinding that axe. It's nice to know you have such strong brand-loyalties, even if, you know, your reasoning is so flawed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.