7 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Extended Universe Leaders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristof Papp
msg tools
Hi!

I created a few new extended universe leaders for the empire.

I couldn't upload images here so they are available at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ve1fx4wplb117ub/AACnAcDBZvEiX63Fq...

What's your opinion? Which ones are over- or under powered? If you have any suggestions for the recruit or mission cards please share it.

I'm also working on rebel leaders, but I couldn't come up with so many well known ones.

Thanks for your feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without action cards, there's not much to go by.

Also Daala? Really? The best part about resetting the Expanded Universe was flushing everything written by KJA down the trash compactor. I hated her for being a "tactical genius" who ends up limping away from every battle she faces the heroes in. KJA doesnt know how to create a credible villain, and don't even get me started on Kyp Durron and the Suncrusher.

Want some rebel heroes? How about Kyle Katarn and Corran Horn? Nien Nunb. Biggs Darklighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Papp
msg tools
KoalaXav wrote:

Also Daala? Really? The best part about resetting the Expanded Universe was flushing everything written by KJA down the trash compactor. I hated her for being a "tactical genius" who ends up limping away from every battle she faces the heroes in. KJA doesnt know how to create a credible villain, and don't even get me started on Kyp Durron and the Suncrusher.

First I wanted Ysanne Isard but couldn't find artwork for her

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Papp
msg tools
KoalaXav wrote:

Want some rebel heroes? How about Kyle Katarn and Corran Horn? Nien Nunb. Biggs Darklighter.

Great ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools

I'd say Daala would get some spec ops instead of all that intel? A combination of both seems apropriate.

Also wouldn't Thrawn deserve a white symbol?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pappkristof wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:

First I wanted Ysanne Isard but couldn't find artwork for her

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b sides
msg tools
KoalaXav wrote:
Without action cards, there's not much to go by.

True, but you could substitute each custom leader with a real one, thereby making them able to be acquired in game. For example, instead of Admiral Yularen, you take Grand Admiral Thrawn in his place and any action cards with Yularen's pic are now Thrawns.

It might be a nightmare in terms of lining up the skill icons to the action card abilities (not to mention the lore in the card texts) but at the very least it would get the custom leaders on the table in a test game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.