Michael Bevilacqua
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: The card I took from the game has been heavily modified and doesn't spoil any of the information that was on the original card.

Winning a game of the 7th Continent is a very rewarding experience. However, many hours invested and enjoyed ultimately results in it all getting packed up and reset with nothing to show for it in future plays. (other than any notes or drawings you've made)

This variant is a small way to make the game have a campaign feel to it so that you start the next game with a little head start and makes the 7th Continent world unique to each player's set. Introducing the Published Discoveries Variant.

How it Works
When you win a game of the 7th Continent you record the curse you've won and up to two of the #050 cards along with their unique IDs (from your Satchel & Journal) on the card below (Published Discoveries).

If you were playing more than one curse, complete an additional Published Discoveries card for each additional curse.

----------------------------------------------------------

When you start a new curse, draw 1 Published Discoveries for each Curse you've already won and immediately resolve them before you begin the game.

Note: If you have more than 1 Published Discoveries with the same Curse listed (as in you've beaten a curse more than once), randomly draw 1 of that curse to be the Published Discoveries you use for that curse.

This variant can be played with my other variant, Corpse Loot Variant, to make for a truly unique set of the 7th Continent.

I'd be happy to hear others thoughts on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Twomey
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Flückiger
Switzerland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this very much. Because it finally lets you keep something after a won game. But also, because it slowly but gradually makes the stack of 50 cards smaller and makes new, as of yet unknown, cards more likely to be drawn in future adventures.

I think I'll apply this rule retroactively to my game :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me think that if a player loses a curse and has to start all over, that it would be a nice consolation prize if they keep any 050 cards they've found so far, to give them a boost for the next time they start that curse.

And then once they finally win, they use this ability as a permanent reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how it fits with the theme!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.