Subject: Is 3rd print possible ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finhisky
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the KS version and don't like retail version.
Is 3rd print (KS) possible ? Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
finhisky wrote:

Why don’t you like the retail version? It’s identical to the Kickstarter except for one ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also more mission cards in the KS version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
There's also more mission cards in the KS version.

Oh you mean in the very first print run. Yeah I doubt that'll ever happen again. Even for the base games that people acquired through the expansion Kickstarter it was the retail version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You don't miss out on anything just getting the retail version. Those mission cards that came with the Kickstarter won't add anything to the game experience, and the Sellsword is a ship that I personally find an annoyance to use more than anything (it's just more book keeping).

Get the retail version and the new expansion and I promise you you'll have so much game in front of you that a few cards and an ultimately pointless ship won't even be on your radar any longer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to what the others said.

The couple missions that were kickstarter exclusives were nothing spectacular and do not take anything away from the game.

The Sellsword NPC is the only thing that you really miss out on, and there are already a couple other NPC ships included with the game. I see a lot of people not even bother to use the Sellsword half the time anyway.

Definitely worth getting the retail version. You aren't missing out on anything in the end. It is a great game. If anything, you are missing out on playing an awesome game by waiting to pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For the record, I have the retail version of the game, and recently backed and received the expansion. The expansion is all you need to add everything you want. Two or three extra missions won't affect anything. There are new missions with the expansion that are much better than those in the original.

As for the sellsword, three NPCs (in the base game) are enough. The sellsword isn't something I can see myself using very often. It's just too much extra work to keep track of. It doesn't add anything to the experience.

It's not the Kickstarter version you need, it's the expansion that really makes this game great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidSL wrote:
For the record, I have the retail version of the game, and recently backed and received the expansion. The expansion is all you need to add everything you want. Two or three extra missions won't affect anything. There are new missions with the expansion that are much better than those in the original.

As for the sellsword, three NPCs (in the base game) are enough. The sellsword isn't something I can see myself using very often. It's just too much extra work to keep track of. It doesn't add anything to the experience.

It's not the Kickstarter version you need, it's the expansion that really makes this game great.

Agreed 100% with this. Game and expansion has an incredible amount of content. If you're not happy with those, a couple of extra mission cards isn't going to make any difference. Don't let that stop you picking up this amazing experience of a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you are really after... a second edition?... I have the retail base which is a great game, 8 and now kickstarted the exspansion which has elevated it into my top ten games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trogdor The Burninator
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Quote:
Agreed 100% with this. Game and expansion has an incredible amount of content. If you're not happy with those, a couple of extra mission cards isn't going to make any difference. Don't let that stop you picking up this amazing experience of a game.

Quote:
I have the retail base which is a great game, 8 and now kickstarted the exspansion which has elevated it into my top ten games.

Yep. I concur.

If another printing is made, it may be wise for Cody to increase the value and include the Embers expansion with the core game. I think the expansion is essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I absolutely agree with this. The expansion makes Xia into a brilliantly designed and well-rounded experience. The base set was good, but felt more like a great idea with missing pieces (the rules polish that the expansion provides). Cody should be immensely proud of what he's achieved with this game. It's definitely a top 10 experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
finhisky wrote:

In my opinion, the retail version is better than the KS version.

The retail version has better quality miniatures, improved player mats that don't warp, and some miscellaneous spelling corrections. For me, the better quality miniatures alone are worth the trade-off of not having a couple of mission cards that I probably would never even draw in a typical game. And that extra "Sellsword" miniature didn't even come in the standard KS version anyway (it was a $20 add-on). If you really want a "Sellsword" in the game then you can easily find a less expensive miniature and use that.

Don't let an your completionist idiosyncrasy deprive you of a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.