Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Cat Five
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are dice towers and cube towers, but has anyone found a suitable token casting tower/gadget for purchase, construction, improvisation or otherwise? I figured it would be a neat engineering puzzle.

And before you say it, yes. Yes it’s way more efficient and cheap to use a bowl and dice cup, or to flick your wrist just so as to evenly distribute the tokens without them flying off the table...

...but this is for science! The zanier, the better, I say!

I have made a dice tower out of foam core before and have been pretty pleased with it, but tokens will definitely need special consideration. I think I’m going to draw up a mock up sometime soon, but does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations for a good construction?

To start I was thinking of having dowels pass through a tube to knock the tokens around, similar to Kerplunk or something...

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be hard to get good mixing that way, because it's easy for disks to stack up against each other and move in tandem, unlike dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
One of those wind tunnels but in small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A modified lottery machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Modify one of these things:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why has no one stated the obvious, the Pop-O-Matic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.