Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves St-Denis
Switzerland
Basel
BS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)

In the Plane of Night scenario, the rock column that needs to be destroyed is depicted as an obstacle in the scenario book (green border). Does this mean it can be treated like any normal obstacle? (i.e. Cragheart could destroy it with the bottom action of "Clear the Way" instead of having to reduce its hit points to zero, for instance?)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Hubble
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
In the FAQ Isaac states that obstacles with hit points cannot be outright destroyed by any character abilities, nor can they be poisoned or wounded (I don't really know what that would look like haha). However, they can be manipulated in other ways, like being moved around. But instant destruction would be too easy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves St-Denis
Switzerland
Basel
BS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for pointing to the FAQ. I see now that obstacles with hit points are to be considered like enemies.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got to this on our last session and got smoked. 64 hp is some Nightmare-mode bull$1t.

Anyway, so although not thematic, our mindthief can force the column to move (since it's an enemy)? and then the Cragheart can throw it into the room behind him while standing in the door (since it's an obstacle)?

We hadn't considered this. Let me know if that's possible. I can reference the actual ability cards if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the Mindthief being able to force it to move, but the Cragheart definitely can move it with cards like Clear the Way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.