Subject: Holy Water clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernie Monsanto
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question on the Kickstarter website but I thought I would put it here also for anyone that might also have questions about it.

For the Exorcist it says something like the Exorcist can drink the holy water and heal the party for 2D6 spread among the party, right? But it also says that you can drink from the holy water 4 times. Now, we made the call that you can only heal the party for 2D6 once. Otherwise it would be a bit OP. So what would you say is the official ruling?

ANSWER #1 The Exorcist is a party healer for sure, but the way you are reading things seems off. If you choose the Sanctifier focus, you can consume a holy water to heal 1d6 Vita to you or your allies, divided as you choose ... You should not be able to do it 4 times. If you use the holy water to empower a weapon, it lasts for 4 uses, but that is it.

ANSWER #2 The holy water token can be used alternatively to FILL the Exorcist's weapon (Aspergillum) with holy water which can then be used to augment damage with that weapon for 4 attacks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
xangpow wrote:
I asked this question on the Kickstarter website but I thought I would put it here also for anyone that might also have questions about it.

For the Exorcist it says something like the Exorcist can drink the holy water and heal the party for 2D6 spread among the party, right? But it also says that you can drink from the holy water 4 times. Now, we made the call that you can only heal the party for 2D6 once. Otherwise it would be a bit OP. So what would you say is the official ruling?

ANSWER #1 The Exorcist is a party healer for sure, but the way you are reading things seems off. If you choose the Sanctifier focus, you can consume a holy water to heal 1d6 Vita to you or your allies, divided as you choose ... You should not be able to do it 4 times. If you use the holy water to empower a weapon, it lasts for 4 uses, but that is it.

ANSWER #2 The holy water token can be used alternatively to FILL the Exorcist's weapon (Aspergillum) with holy water which can then be used to augment damage with that weapon for 4 attacks

#2. The consumption of the holy water destroys the token or card. the 4 uses part of it is only for the FILL keyword, meant mostly for use with the Aspergillum weapon card(you get 4 uses of holy water within the weapon before you need to discard it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Griebel
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And that lasts for 4 attacks, regardless of whether or not they hit, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
griethad wrote:

yes. The aspergillum is a liturgical implement used to sprinkle holy water. so , hit or miss, you are sprinkling holy water on something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Monsanto
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:
griethad wrote:

yes. The aspergillum is a liturgical implement used to sprinkle holy water. so , hit or miss, you are sprinkling holy water on something.

Funny story, before we knew what a aspergillum did (google to the rescue) we thought you would put the holy water in your mouth and spit it out, spray it out among the party. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xangpow wrote:
zeeparkes wrote:
griethad wrote:

Funny story, before we knew what a aspergillum did (google to the rescue) we thought you would put the holy water in your mouth and spit it out, spray it out among the party. lol

That's still an option, regardless of whether an aspergillum is around or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.