Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heyo,

I kickstarted this game and only recently have had the chance to sit down and give it a play. So far, even though I'm 2-6 on Storm Front, I'm really enjoying it.

Ive read the books twice through and think Evil Hat really nailed the theme and the artwork is delightful. The variant card 'Lash's Gift' is really touching and so far my favorite.

The one thing I find I don't really like is the 'all or nothing' ending. Don't get me wrong, it seems to fit the books just fine, but from a player perspective I feel like it would be nice to have some other way to measure how well I've done rather than just a simple win or loss.

I guess what I'm thinking of is a point system similar to The Cards of Cthulhu where you score is determined by things like how many boards are monster free, how many horrors are left, how many minions are left, etc.

Has anyone come up with anything like that for Dresden Files? Just as a way to see how badly you lost or how well you won type of thing. Like a win is worth 50 points but you subtract 10 for every Foe or Case on the board. But each damage on a foe or clue on a case is worth +1.

So if I had a win where I had solved 3 cases and there were 2 foes and 1 case left on the board and the foes had 0 hits and the case had 3 clues my score would be +23.

That's just off the top of my head, but something like that.

So has anyone come up with an alternate(or maybe it should be additional) scoring method?

Thoughts?

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, there is a scoring method, you get one point for each case solved, the game gets one point for each foe left. Game wins on ties. So you can measure how badly you lost by the difference in points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duckster wrote:
Technically, there is a scoring method, you get one point for each case solved, the game gets one point for each foe left. Game wins on ties. So you can measure how badly you lost by the difference in points.

Right, but I'm sure you can see that I'm looking for something a bit more detailed than "oh I won 3 cases solved to 2 foes left so my difference is +1."

Which is barely better than you win or you lose. That method doesn't take into account any damage done or clues assigned, obstacles overcome, etc.

I'm looking for some way to differentiate how well you won or lost and was wondering if anyone had come up with something to 'account for the effort' made.

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to call this an official variant, but you could score a victory this way:

Assume that winning ahead of the showdown is a score of eight.

For every card that you had to complete during the show down in order to win, subtract one from eight.

Give your score plus one for every point you scored above the minimum needed to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.