Aeon's End: War Eternal» Forums » General

Subject: What is this token? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian smolinski

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
I can't figure out what it's for. No mention of it in the rules or the two expansions that were included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a special breach token for the second breach of one of the Outer Dark mages. I forget the name, but it's the mage that looks like a ghostly specter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian smolinski

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
jadedlithium wrote:
That is a special breech token for the second breech of one of the Outer Dark mages. I forget the name, but it's the mage that looks like a ghostly specter.

Ah, you are correct! It's for Remnant. I overlooked that. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remnant is the only mage that starts with a unique breach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:

I'm a little disappointed in this. It seems like an easy way to add more variance to the different breach mages. Probably a mess to get right though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

I'm a little disappointed in this. It seems like an easy way to add more variance to the different breach mages. Probably a mess to get right though.

Dezmodia also has her sigil breaches. I guess the problem is there aren't really many other effects that are comparable in power to +1 damage/+1 aether. Other singular effects like "gain a charge", "focus a breach", "draw a card", "heal 1 HP", etc. are too strong, and breaches with situational effects are really clunky as there's not much room for text. Maybe these more powerful effects could be on a IV breach that starts fully unfocused, or maybe even have effects that only work while a breach is closed, but this seems like design space that's a lot easier to theorycraft in than it is to actually create balanced mages with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We tested a lot of different effects for special breaches. It was very tough to make an effect the correct power level and also simple enough to be able to be tacked onto any other spell without bogging down gameplay.

+1 charge on a III or IV breach would probably work. Perhaps in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

It's an interesting way to bring variance but it's also breaking most of what the game is about and is a lot of work to maintain balance. I think it's the kind of new things that should progressively be added to the game as it is now, but it would have been to early to introduce it in the first batch of expansions, and the way it is introduced now is just about right. By changing how breah work you're really changing the core of the game. And modifying what spells really do when cast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.