3 Posts

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Item Deck / Loot - Proposed Errata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo R
Germany
flag msg tools
Already during our very first session, we felt that some of the loot/item cards are out of balance, have a weird stat distribution or in some cases are wrongly put together (copy/paste mistake, the layouter was rushed and/or careless, reviewers didn't catch it - take your pick).

Over the months my gaming group came up with a collection of fixes to what we think is simply wrong and should be corrected (some instances of wrong pictures ignored). Minimizing the impact on game balance and difficulty was our main goal, so we kept the changes to the minimum we thought to be absolutely necessary.

After a long period of play testing, I think these proposed errata are ready to share with the community.

In case anyone is interested, our ideas can be reviewed in this google sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zTs8g4sP18el1xH5dvWQ...

The changes have improved our gaming experience and reduced the amount of loot-related wtf-moments by a great deal. Let me know what you think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing I'd like to change the most is making each weapon 1H/2H instead of one or the other. That would really make the game more interesting and closer to base material.

You've made some interesting modifications too, especially lowering some requirements by 1. Those were really a pain.

80+ variant threads and counting hey? Interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Murakumo and Scimitar are fine, they just have their rules text switched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.