Subject: Lore Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taylor Gardner
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
I'm trying to run the Prelude "The Song Beneath the Song" adventure. I'm looking at the Invitation card, Losing Lofty Leaf. When do I read this to the players? There seems to be 4 unrelated sentences under the question, What is the great tree? Do I just pick 1?

I'm confused on all the lore cards (Invitation, Journey, Big Finish, Rift, Ally, and Enemy) in this way. When do I read the cards to the players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canoe Canoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I played Song Beneath a Song without that card. I think that card may be from another part of the game.

When you opened the box there should have been a sheet detailing what each game set came with (kickstarter levels). The set with Preludes in it had certain cards. I separated all my stuff into each game set.

I just found the long rectangular Rift card for Windsong Refrain. Also, you don't really read the cards to players. Depending on their characters they get to read a certain card type (i.e, a Riftwalker can read the Rift Cards and the Talespinner can read Ally Cards). I always read the cards to myself before the game plus the rift section in the Book, that details the Storm Hollow World, just so that I can pepper the story with details about the area. Otherwise, the players have to use their skills to see what is on the cards or figure out other ways to find out information.

HTH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not use the back of the story board cards during the campaign. They are there to give you ideas when creating your own adventures. Just leave the picture face up so the Poppins know where they are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, just put the Scene cards down (picture side up) when that particular scene begins. The players can look at the picture, but the text on the back isn't used.

The other cards (Ally, Enemy and Rift) are also placed picture side up when the players encounter these places/people. However, the backs of these cards are used. As Storyteller, you can use the backs of these cards to add flavour. Also, certain character types have abilities that allow them to look at the backs of these cards (e.g. the Lightbringer can look at Enemy cards, which helps the players defeat this foe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.