Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say that a defender with only 1 health remaining is adjacent to two gladiators. On the far side of these two gladiators is an Arena Criminal who hits them both simultaneously for 3 damage each. Can the defender intercept all 6 damage? (i.e. the defender is defeated but the other two gladiators are unscathed.)

Say that a defender and an adjacent gladiator are both hit simultaneously for 3 damage each and the defender has only 2 health left. Can the defender absorb his neighbour's damage as well as his own? He can only die once, but can he choose to die defending his neighbour even though he (the defender) is also a target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
mathmethman wrote:
Say that a defender with only 1 health remaining is adjacent to two gladiators. On the far side of these two gladiators is an Arena Criminal who hits them both simultaneously for 3 damage each. Can the defender intercept all 6 damage? (i.e. the defender is defeated but the other two gladiators are unscathed.)
The Defender will only be able to protect one of them.

mathmethman wrote:
Say that a defender and an adjacent gladiator are both hit simultaneously for 3 damage each and the defender has only 2 health left. Can the defender absorb his neighbour's damage as well as his own? He can only die once, but can he choose to die defending his neighbour even though he (the defender) is also a target?
Unfortunately not. [source: Timing on beast/criminal damage - Can a doomed defender Intercept Blow?]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Farias
United States
TUCSON
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mathmethman wrote:
Say that a defender with only 1 health remaining is adjacent to two gladiators. On the far side of these two gladiators is an Arena Criminal who hits them both simultaneously for 3 damage each. Can the defender intercept all 6 damage? (i.e. the defender is defeated but the

Remember, Abilities like Intercept Blow can only be used once per turn anyway, so he couldn't defend both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcadEd wrote:
Remember, Abilities like Intercept Blow can only be used once per turn anyway, so he couldn't defend both.

Makes sense. I'd forgotten that detail. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.