Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - For the Optional Skill checks, do you get to read what the failure/success results are before doing them?

2 - If doing a "Resource Deed" and draw a World card, do I draw another until we get one where I do some skill checks to "successed or fail" to get ownership or not of resource space?

3 - World Card called "Overcharged Thunderstorm" - how long does it last? Do you just see if anyone or starting location affected and discard or stay the whole game or something else? If stay, how does a starting location get rid of it?

4 - Action Card called "Unjust Violence" - what does "harmed" mean?

5 - Exactly when does death occur? If someone plays an action card on me, can I play a heal card or discard a medical spoils card to prevent dying? Do you die the instant your health is at 0? Can you be healed while "dead"?

6 - Once at 3 Pysch wounds can any spoils cards be given or taken away?

7 - Card says beginning of x phase to play? When is that? Before sub-phase "A" is done obviously right? Do we go in turn order asking if anyone has them to play? If player 3 does, can player 1 or 2 still play their cards?

8 - If card says play during an oppenent's turn during x phase, can they play the card even after an event has been rolled for? One card makes any skill checks have to have 4 more "successes". Can that card be played after an oppenent has rolled for the event?

That's all I remember from my 1st play! Great game and for the most part, everything is very clear. Just lots of little things to remember and any time you have this many "action cards", there are bound to be questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Congdon
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For your number 2, you do not do an encounter if you are doing the resource action. The rule book specifically states that you do not draw an encounter if you are going to do a different action relevant to the space.

For psych wounds, the rules specify that once a character is at 3 psych wounds, his gear is locked down. That's at the bottom of page 13.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Resource deed action against a neutral resource space you do draw an encounter card! That's not the question - it's clear in rule book. If the encounter card is a World Card, do you draw another until you get one you can succeed or fail at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 13 says nothing about whether or not if you can give that character more spoils? It's clear his current cards can not be reached-assigned. Getting a brand new card is not reassigning so I'm guess you can and then that new card is with the character until discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - For the Optional Skill checks, do you get to read what the failure/success results are before doing them?

Yes, definitely! Sometimes the OSC is not worth the risk of failure.

2 - If doing a "Resource Deed" and draw a World card, do I draw another until we get one where I do some skill checks to "succeed or fail" to get ownership or not of resource space?

If you get a card without a skill check then you can get the resource without contest.

If you get a world card like Chaos Arena, you need to win a fight to get the resource. If you fail, you can spend another 2 weeks to do try the arena again, or you can do another encounter.

3 - World Card called "Overcharged Thunderstorm" - how long does it last? Do you just see if anyone or starting location affected and discard or stay the whole game or something else? If stay, how does a starting location get rid of it?

I will address this when I get home.

4 - Action Card called "Unjust Violence" - what does "harmed" mean?

I will address this when I get home.

5 - Exactly when does death occur? If someone plays an action card on me, can I play a heal card or discard a medical spoils card to prevent dying? Do you die the instant your health is at 0? Can you be healed while "dead"?

You can be healed to prevent death. The Encounter time frame is a week so damage that is taken could be healed. but in the end if a character has no health then she dies.

6 - Once at 3 Pysch wounds can any spoils cards be given or taken away?

No, Your character wanders into the wood never to be seen again.

7 - Card says beginning of x phase to play? When is that? Before sub-phase "A" is done obviously right? Do we go in turn order asking if anyone has them to play? If player 3 does, can player 1 or 2 still play their cards?

Correct it would be before the sub phases. If multiple effects take place they are in turn order.

8 - If card says play during an opponent's turn during x phase, can they play the card even after an event has been rolled for? One card makes any skill checks have to have 4 more "successes". Can that card be played after an opponent has rolled for the event?

Lets say they are about roll for a technical skill check that requires 3 and they have exactly 3 successes, but then you add 4 more to the skill check then they would fail unless they could play a card to add 4 more successes. Now if they moved onto the next skill check you can't go back and add their technical skill check, because it has moved on already.

That's all I remember from my 1st play! Great game and for the most part, everything is very clear. Just lots of little things to remember and any time you have this many "action cards", there are bound to be questions.

That is one of the beauties to the game. There is this perception of complexity, but once you finish your first month you quickly get the hang of it.

Jon's favorite cards are the action cards. They provide a ton of interaction and apprehension. They can also bail you out of a tight spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.