Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Roos
United States
Guilderland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tie breaker rules state that "any fourth or later placed vote getters drop out of consideration".

So if the election results were Washington 72, Jefferson 72, Adams 65, Madison 59. Am I right to include Washington, Jefferson AND Adams in the Congressional tiebreaker?

If that is the case then what if the vote totals were Washington 72, Jefferson 72, Adams 62, Madison 62. Are all four candidates included in the tie breaker, since they are tied for third? Or are they both excluded.

Both scenarios are non-single party, pre-12th Amendment.

I actually ran into the latter scenario (different vote totals and candidates) and wasn't sure how to handle things.

Thanks as always for any help!!

PS: To anyone reading you can use IP to increase your congressional votes in the tie breaker. I noted this in another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Up & Away Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
thereelaristotle wrote:
So if the election results were Washington 72, Jefferson 72, Adams 65, Madison 59. Am I right to include Washington, Jefferson AND Adams in the Congressional tiebreaker?
Yes
thereelaristotle wrote:
If that is the case then what if the vote totals were Washington 72, Jefferson 72, Adams 62, Madison 62. Are all four candidates included in the tie breaker, since they are tied for third? Or are they both excluded.
Yes, all included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.