A Fistful of Kung Fu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about activation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Landon K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Can a single character be activated multiple times in a row? Are there any rules governing the order or frequency of character activation?

If a protagonist motivates some extras, and their activation roll fails, can the opponent react to those roles? Can the protagonist go on and then do their normal activation rolls?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gacy
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the character was the last to activate in your turn (either to being the last one left unactivated or due to a turnover, there's nothing in the rules that says you can't activate it first when it's your turn again.

Not sure I know enough to answer the second question.

- Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response. I don't think I asked my question clearly. During my turn, can activate a single character over and over again, pending no failed activation dice and turnovers? Or are there rules for the order of activation? Can each character only be activated once during a turn, until play turns over? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gacy
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, sorry about that!

Only once per turn. In this set of rules it is not explicit, but in other Song of Blades and Heroes rulesets it can be a little clearer.

In Kung Fu, it is implied with this statement -

Quote:
A turn ends for one of the following reasons:
- The acting player has activated or attempted activation of all of his characters.

On the flip-side, what I said in the first post still applies, as some people have interpreted the rules that if you didn't activate a character in a previous turn, you must activate it before activating other characters which attempted activation in the previous round. This is most definitely NOT true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you so much! I have not played other song of blades games, so I am not familiar with the rule set other than from Fistful. It's definitely not clear in the rule book, so thank you for your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.