Subject: Scoring token question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Reeves
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a four player game tonight and ran into an issue with the scoring tokens. We ended up running out of the 1 leaf scoring tokens. The rulebook talks about taking tokens from the next one down if a pile runs out. In the case of the lowest leaf stack running out, we weren't sure if the next one drawn should be from the 2 leaf stack, or none drawn at all for maturing the large trees. We played that they took a token from the 2 leaf stack instead.
Could I get clarification on what to do in this situation from the developer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No if the one leaf tokens run out then you get nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yrnotyrkhakis wrote:
We played a four player game tonight and ran into an issue with the scoring tokens. We ended up running out of the 1 leaf scoring tokens. The rulebook talks about taking tokens from the next one down if a pile runs out. In the case of the lowest leaf stack running out, we weren't sure if the next one drawn should be from the 2 leaf stack, or none drawn at all for maturing the large trees. We played that they took a token from the 2 leaf stack instead.
Could I get clarification on what to do in this situation from the developer?
Yes. going down to the next level is 0 and you would not get anything. You would just be out of luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In my 3-player game this weekend (with the advanced rules, of course) we ran out of 1 and 2 leaf tokens before the end. It was my third play and I expect this trend to continue moving forward; growing towards the middle is not easy once the board starts developing! Great game; I'm really enjoying myself with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

Given the restrictions of growing, this left a very sour taste in our mouths. Essentially, the game came down to turn order. UGH!

Not getting any points for your final tree cut is absolutely dreadful.

Clearly, more scoring tokens would have been a better solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I feel like if you're playing correctly, turn order is not that big of a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccmonter wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

Given the restrictions of growing, this left a very sour taste in our mouths. Essentially, the game came down to turn order. UGH!

Not getting any points for your final tree cut is absolutely dreadful.

Clearly, more scoring tokens would have been a better solution.

But surely it didn't come as a surprise? Why did you grow to a large tree if the stack was so low? There is no hidden information here, its all predictable stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.