Subject: Why Cancel the Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on! I've been waiting for this game for years. It finally is going to be available in North America without paying through the nose, and they cancel the Kickstarter after 4 days?

It had a $15,000 goal, and after 4 days was halfway there. It was going to be successful by a wide margin.

Why?

No announcement, just a cancellation.

Please tell us why.

Jeepers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your answer is right in the updates section of the Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outerlimitgames/trench-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. I was on the Kickstarter about an hour ago and didn't see. it. It took me an hour to stop hyperventilating before I decided to puke my angry words out on BGG.

I guess I should have calmed down enough to give the Kickstarter page a better look.

I pledged for the wooden game, but I'll take it in the usual black and white.

Okay. Looking forward to Tuesday, the 26th of September.

Playing' with my emotions. Oughta be ashamed, Outer Limit Games. Okay, it's more me than you. But, still...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strickland
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dundy,

I see now you found the update we posted before canceling. We didn't want to cancel, but we realized that the campaign could be much better and would be moving much faster with some quick adjustments. The good thing is, we're relaunching on Tuesday so you won't have to wait long, and the campaign will still end on Oct 19th as before, so no delay in delivery estimates

The Classic Wooden edition was a major expense, and given we only had about 24 backers for it, it just didn't make good business sense to keep it in the campaign as it has a 1,000 minimum order quantity by itself.

I think the relaunch, with a more streamlined approach to the rewards, will be better for the campaign as a whole and we'll see much faster momentum as a result. Nevertheless, sorry to play with your emotions.. I know the feeling trust me!

Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mar Lu
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Dundy, TRENCH is back: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outerlimitgames/trench-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I overreacted, Mike. I apologize. I'm very happy you brought Trench to Kickstarter. Thanks much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strickland
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries Dundy, glad you're happy with the Kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.