Subject: Read the rules online... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Attilio Tribuzi
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
and they are just as deep "in the flesh"...pretty deep all right, 20 pages of rules before the excellent "examples of play"....three types of movement, at least that many types of combat results, three types of roads, leg, motorized, mechanized, armor and vehicle type units, zoc bonds, point (lead) units, determined defense, demi-battalions, overstacking, remnants and of course an airlanding phase...pretty damn deep. Hope I can wrap my head around it and actually play it someday....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of the game in-hand, reading the rules now and the design is more complex than I imagined it would be.

Not necessarily a bad thing as I like deep and complex games, just going to take some time to digest - I trust the designer to get it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Perry
France
Lacour
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think for many who have played Ardennes...Normandy...France... the only issue is remembering the small differences. The concepts are (largely)the same but the little things will be easy to overlook. Expect this to be another great game from MS, winning as the Allies is going to be a pig though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's probably true, but it's been a long time since I played the France game and there are a plethora of so-called little things to remember that I easily can see being overlooked (as you note).

Don't get me wrong - the rule book is excellent, and it's a fine line for a designer, but at the moment I'm frankly suffering from bullet-point fatigue. I totally get what the OP is saying...

Best option now I think is just to get it on the table and see how it goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.